EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS: Intellectual Property — A Patent Damages Deep Dive with Mintz and BDO — Part I of II
In this episode of the EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS: Intellectual Property podcast, Mintz IP attorneys Drew DeVoogd and Daniel Weinger welcome guest David Duski for the first of a two-part series covering patent trial damages. David is a Director at BDO in its Advisory Practice and leads BDO’s National Intellectual Property Consulting Practice. He serves as an expert witness for damages assessments in patent litigation. In Part I, the trio discuss:
- Whether we are at the beginning of a trend in large damages verdicts
- The impact of litigation financing on patent litigation
- Damages cases becoming more of a theme in trials
- If implementers factor the cost of litigation into the cost of product development
- Risks of taking cases to trial — for patentees and accused infringers
Andrew H. DeVoogd
Andrew H. DeVoogd is a patent litigator and trial attorney whose practice encompasses a wide range of technologies. He represents major technology companies in International Trade Commission investigations, and shares his insights on Mintz's IP Viewpoints.
Daniel B. Weinger
Daniel B. Weinger is a Mintz intellectual property attorney. Daniel's practice focuses on patent litigation at the International Trade Commission, the Federal Courts, and the PTAB. He handles all phases of patent litigation and counsels clients on IP strategy.