- Represented a diagnostics company in a national criminal and civil investigation involving multiple US Attorneys’ Offices and state Attorneys' General Offices. The investigation involved alleged kickback issues and billing violations.
- Defended a physician, from a Southeastern state, in a broad-based False Claims Act investigation alleging kickback issues.
- Defended a publicly traded medical device company in connection with the alleged failure to substantiate marketing and promotional claims.
- Represented a clinical laboratory in connection with a False Claims Act investigation, arising from a qui tam case, alleging issues with the manner in which specimens were obtained and transported to the laboratory prior to testing. The government declined the case and both the relator and government dismissed the complaint with prejudice.
- Represented four specialty laboratories in False Claims Act investigations in connection with the payment of processing and handling fees for specimen collection.
Mintz advised a Fortune 500 company that provides clinical laboratory services on a data breach involving more than 30,000 patient records. Mintz worked with the client’s in-house counsel and IT security team, managed third-party forensic expertise, and advised the company on federal and state laws.
A laboratory that provides testing services hired Mintz as defense counsel when it received a DOJ Civil Investigative Demand in 2017 after whistleblowers initiated qui tam cases against the lab. Mintz helped the company produce documents and drafted responses to interrogatories.
Mintz’s COVID-19 Compliance & Enforcement Defense Task Force is closely monitoring and advising clients on criminal and civil enforcement actions related to the COVID-19 relief programs.
Mintz has served as national transaction counsel for over 20 years for a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care. Mintz attorneys handle corporate, health care regulatory, employment, litigation, tax, and other related issues for transactions across the country.