Real Estate Litigation
- Obtained $120 million+ settlement for institutional real estate investor in connection with complex merger transaction involving multiple commercial properties owned by a client.
- Secured summary judgment for joint venture client in a dispute over ownership rights associated with a $80 million+ hotel property.
- Primary outside counsel to publicly-traded media company with respect to real estate, zoning, permitting, and government contract matters in Massachusetts.
- Represents publicly-traded company in connection with multiple property tax appeals against several municipalities throughout the Commonwealth.
- Obtained judgement for landlord/client in commercial eviction proceeding, entitling client to retake possession of high-value industrial premises and recover over $370,000 in monetary damages.
- Successfully obtained attachment and other pre-judgement security for client involved in dispute with property developer that controlled $10 million+ in real estate assets.
- Represented premier private university in connection with proceedings before Boston Landmarks Commission regarding official landmark designation for Fenway's iconic Citgo Sign.
- Lead trial counsel in proceedings before State Ballot Commission, in which client was awarded complete recovery on its claims that candidate for public office violated Massachusetts election laws in seeking access to state ballots.
- Counsel to state agency in administrative proceedings related to client's obligations under Massachusetts Public Records Law.
- Representing a privately-held company involved in adjudicatory proceedings before Federal Election Commission and related internal investigations into alleged violations of federal campaign finance laws
Life Sciences Litigation
- Led investigation for the Audit Committee of a leading medical device company into financial reporting, regulatory compliance issues, and allegedly corrupt practices in business units on four continents.
- Obtained dismissal–and subsequent affirmance on appeal–of all claims brought against medical technology company and its board members in fiduciary dispute with former investor.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims asserted against institutional medtech investor in financial services litigation commenced by investment banking firm.
Mintz is advising a National Hockey League (NHL) team on deal structures to finance the construction of a proposed new arena that would involve about $400 million in public funding. Mintz counsels the organization on public finance / bond transactions, insurance law, and tribal law.