Laura focuses her practice on complex insurance claims and coverage matters, particularly those involving directors and officers liability, professional liability, and general liability. She regularly represents insurers in coverage and bad faith litigation in state and federal courts. Laura is experienced in advising clients with respect to the business and legal implications of a variety of coverage issues. She has also advised clients with respect to potential coverage implications arising in the bankruptcy context.
Before joining Mintz, Laura was Senior Counsel in the insurance practice group of another international law firm. There, she represented primary and excess insurance carriers in a wide variety of complex claims and coverage matters. She notably represented an excess insurer in the litigation and mediation of an insurance coverage dispute arising out of the collapse of an investment fund in which alleged investor losses exceeded $1 billion. Other engagements have involved investment advisers, private equity and hedge funds, and insurance and securities brokers.
- Boston University School of Law (JD)
- Boston University (BA, International Relations, Magna Cum Laude)
Recognition & Awards
- Law360: Rising Star - Insurance (2020)
- Selected Participant, Women's Leadership Program, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce (2015-2016)
- Vice Chair, Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), New England Chapter
- Director, Massachusetts Insurance & Reinsurance Bar Association