Technology Transactions & Related Litigation Experience
- Representing a diverse group of clients in drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex technology transactions and license agreements
- Representing large clients in sensitive separations from critical professional services provider relationships
- Representing clients in navigating and responding to software audit requests from key software vendors
- Representing a large financial institution in launching arrangements with other financial institutions and data aggregators to enable consumers to securely access and control the flow of their data
- Representing global financial institutions in negotiated terminations of long-term technology vendor relationship, including wind-downs of large outsourcing arrangements and the negotiation of transition services agreements
- Representing a public sector client in a high-profile investigation and subsequent vendor dispute regarding a failed health care information technology project implementation
- Represented a major health care provider in its negotiated termination of its relationship with one of its core technology providers
- Led a “bet the company” arbitration on behalf of a publicly owned biotech, and obtained a successful settlement of an arbitration based on competing claims under the parties’ licensing agreement
- Achieved a favorable resolution on behalf of a major academic center in federal court litigation concerning a collaboration agreement and ownership of the resulting intellectual property
- Represented a publicly owned biotechnology company in an arbitration over a multibillion-dollar drug development collaboration. The arbitration resulted in a victory which confirmed the client’s right to co-develop one of the world’s largest-selling cancer drugs
- Achieved a decisive arbitration victory on behalf of a supplier in a complex contractual dispute with an automobile manufacturer, resulting in an award of over $10M plus attorneys’ fees and expert costs
- Led a litigation team representing an international energy company in a dispute over control of a multibillion-dollar company in the Delaware Chancery Court
- Led a public life sciences company Audit Committee investigation into improper revenue recognition activities
- Obtained an award of summary judgment and the recovery of a significant award of attorneys’ fees and expert costs on behalf of several medical and dental technology private equity portfolio companies in a complex contract dispute
- Represented a major life insurance company in an arbitration proceeding against its reinsurer regarding a rate increase.
In a case alleging breaches of fiduciary duty, a Mintz corporate and litigation team led by lawyers Seth Goldman and Stephen Curley achieved a very favorable settlement for plaintiffs — minority stockholders who hadn’t received a financial return on their early-stage investment in FragranceNet.com.
Mintz secured an award of more than $10 million after an eight-day arbitration for an automotive supplier that is a portfolio company of a Mintz private equity client. The automotive supplier had sued a truck manufacturing company for contract violations.