Meredith is a seasoned technology litigator focused on both disputes and on IT, licensing and outsourcing transactions, particularly in the financial services, health care, life sciences, and technology sectors. Her extensive litigation and arbitration experience provide a unique and valuable perspective at the front-end of developing critical business relationships. Meredith recognizes that the most successful collaborations and contracts are created with a full understanding of how to allocate risk between parties and a pragmatic understanding of how contract language is likely to be deployed in practice or interpreted by a judge or arbitrator should a dispute arise. Whether it be in a board room, a conference room or in a court room, Meredith’s clients have recognized her for bringing equal parts strategic vision and precision in execution to every matter she handles.
Meredith also has a true passion for championing the advancement of women in the legal profession. As Chair of the Mintz Women’s Initiative, she collaborates with external thought leaders and visionaries, and a number of in-house and in-firm lawyers to create and drive programs and initiatives that support sponsorship, mentorship, advancement and retention of women attorneys in law firms.
- Boston College (JD)
- Bowdoin College (BA)
Technology Transactions & Related Litigation Experience
- Representing a diverse group of clients in drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex technology transactions and license agreements
- Representing large clients in sensitive separations from critical professional services provider relationships
- Representing clients in navigating and responding to software audit requests from key software vendors
- Representing a large financial institution in launching arrangements with other financial institutions and data aggregators to enable consumers to securely access and control the flow of their data
- Representing global financial institutions in negotiated terminations of long-term technology vendor relationship, including wind-downs of large outsourcing arrangements and the negotiation of transition services agreements
- Representing a public sector client in a high-profile investigation and subsequent vendor dispute regarding a failed health care information technology project implementation
- Represented a major health care provider in its negotiated termination of its relationship with one of its core technology providers
- Led a “bet the company” arbitration on behalf of a publicly owned biotech, and obtained a successful settlement of an arbitration based on competing claims under the parties’ licensing agreement
- Achieved a favorable resolution on behalf of a major academic center in federal court litigation concerning a collaboration agreement and ownership of the resulting intellectual property
- Represented a publicly owned biotechnology company in an arbitration over a multibillion-dollar drug development collaboration. The arbitration resulted in a victory which confirmed the client’s right to co-develop one of the world’s largest-selling cancer drugs
- Achieved a decisive arbitration victory on behalf of a supplier in a complex contractual dispute with an automobile manufacturer, resulting in an award of over $10M plus attorneys’ fees and expert costs
- Led a litigation team representing an international energy company in a dispute over control of a multibillion-dollar company in the Delaware Chancery Court
- Led a public life sciences company Audit Committee investigation into improper revenue recognition activities
- Obtained an award of summary judgment and the recovery of a significant award of attorneys’ fees and expert costs on behalf of several medical and dental technology private equity portfolio companies in a complex contract dispute
- Represented a major life insurance company in an arbitration proceeding against its reinsurer regarding a rate increase.
Recognition & Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star – Business Litigation (2006-2008, 2013 - 2014)