- Representing a regional specialty gift retailer in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Representing Bond Trustee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a health care system in West Virginia.
- Representing Bond Trustee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a health care system in Washington.
- Represented a third-party lender in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a large coal mining company in connection with a weeklong trial on confirmation of the debtors’ plan of reorganization and related settlement negotiations and Rule 2004 examinations.
- Represented the purchaser in a successful sale under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a several radiology practices.
- Represented a large mortgage lender in numerous bankruptcy cases.
- Represented an unsecured creditor in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of a renewable energy company in opposing the debtors’ exit financing proposal and confirmation of the proposed plan of reorganization, and on related appeals before the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented landlords in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of a large retailer.
- Represented the trustee of a post-confirmation liquidation trust in a five-day bench trial against a debtor’s former directors and officers for claims related to fraudulent conveyances and breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Represented the directors and officers in the bankruptcy of a medical device company.
- Represented the debtor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a large paper mill company.
- Represented the Chapter 11 Trustee in the bankruptcy of a large railroad company, including on appeals before the First Circuit Court of Appeals and the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the First Circuit.
Mintz represented Bay Point Capital Partners, LP in investigations pertaining to its financing of a prepetition sale-leaseback transaction related to the bankruptcy case of Mission Coal Company, LLC. Our attorneys negotiated a settlement that protected the lender’s interests and made it whole.