Tim’s practice focuses primarily on representing institutional investors, bond trustees, lenders, and other creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcies and reorganizations, out-of-court workouts, and bankruptcy litigation matters across a variety of industries, including health care, retail, higher education, and real estate. Tim also represents clients in connection with commercial financing transactions and in complex commercial disputes.
Tim’s broad experience in bankruptcy litigation and general case administration includes representations of Chapter 11 debtors and trustees, post-confirmation liquidation trusts, secured and unsecured creditors, landlords, directors and officers, and asset purchasers on issues related to relief from stay, adequate protection, valuation, disguised financing, fraudulent transfer, plan confirmation, assumption/rejection of leases and executory contracts, Rule 2004 examinations, and appellate litigation.
Prior to joining Mintz, Tim was an associate in the Boston office of a full-service law firm, where he worked on a variety of bankruptcy and litigation matters. Previously, Tim was an associate in the Portland, Maine office of a regional, full-service law firm, where he gained substantial experience representing Chapter 11 debtors, and a mid-sized law firm in New York City. While in law school, Tim served as a judicial intern to Honorable Carla E. Craig of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York and the Honorable Robert E. Grossman of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Brooklyn Law School (JD)
- College of the Holy Cross (BA)
- Representing Bond Trustee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a health care system in West Virginia.
- Representing Bond Trustee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a health care system in Washington.
- Represented a third-party lender in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a large coal mining company in connection with a weeklong trial on confirmation of the debtors’ plan of reorganization and related settlement negotiations and Rule 2004 examinations.
- Represented the purchaser in a successful sale under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a several radiology practices.
- Represented a large mortgage lender in numerous bankruptcy cases.
- Represented an unsecured creditor in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of a renewable energy company in opposing the debtors’ exit financing proposal and confirmation of the proposed plan of reorganization, and on related appeals before the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented landlords in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of a large retailer.
- Represented the trustee of a post-confirmation liquidation trust in a five-day bench trial against a debtor’s former directors and officers for claims related to fraudulent conveyances and breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Represented the directors and officers in the bankruptcy of a medical device company.
- Represented the debtor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a large paper mill company.
- Represented the Chapter 11 Trustee in the bankruptcy of a large railroad company, including on appeals before the First Circuit Court of Appeals and the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the First Circuit.
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute