Caitie practices in all areas of complex litigation including commercial and business litigation, complex tort and product liability litigation, health care enforcement and defense, and construction law. She regularly advises clients in all stages of litigation, from pre-litigation counseling and investigation through discovery, trial and the appeals process. She is also well-versed in counseling clients on e-discovery and large data matters including commercial litigation, investigations, and governmental inquiries.
Caitie’s practice focuses on defending pharmaceutical and biotech companies in national product liability cases and representing biotechnology, life sciences, and technology companies in complex business disputes. Her practice includes defending companies against government investigations of alleged violations of the False Claims Act (FCA) and the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS), conducting internal investigations, and litigating qui tam FCA cases.
Caitie also represents contractors, owners, developers, and public authorities involving a range of construction-related issues including contract drafting, job problems, change order disputes, terminations, and delay claims.
In addition to her health care and construction law practice, Caitie is also part of the team representing a major gaming company on litigation and regulatory matters related to the development and construction of a major casino resort.
Caitie is committed to pro bono work representing individuals in civil rights, housing, and immigration matters, and has also represented victims of domestic violence through Mintz’s Domestic Violence Project.
Caitie was a Summer Associate at Mintz in 2011. During law school she was a student representative for the Clinic for Asylum, Refugee, and Emigrant Services and served as a law clerk extern for the Honorable Joel H. Slomsky in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Villanova University (JD)
- London School of Economics & Political Science (MS, Sociology)
- University of Michigan (BA, Near Eastern Studies & Political Science )
- Defended numerous clients in government investigations resulting from qui tam FCA complaints, and in FCA litigations, in jurisdictions around the country.
- Part of the team that obtained summary judgment in ten out of ten related cases against our clients, a publicly traded biotechnology company and a pharmaceutical company, in multi-jurisdictional product liability disputes involving an FDA-approved drug.
- Represented the general contractor on major hospital renovation project against bankrupt millwork subcontractor’s performance bond surety in a 9 day arbitration for delay and impact damages.
- Part of the team representing gaming company Wynn MA LLC surrounding community arbitrations against Somerville and Chelsea.