Geoff focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, and financing. Additionally, he represents clients involved in real estate developments and guides them through all steps and issues they may encounter, including issues related to zoning and permitting. His clients include property owners, developers, retailers, and tenants operating on both a local and national scale. He is experienced with transactions of all sizes and complexities, including sophisticated transactions across the country.
Before rejoining Mintz, he was a real estate attorney in the Boston office of another law firm, where he represented clients in real estate acquisition, leasing, and financing transactions as well as matters related to real estate development, zoning, and permitting. Geoff was also previously associated with Mintz’s Real Estate Practice as part of the team that represents a national retail chain in the acquisition, ground leasing, development, sale, and leaseback of hundreds of properties.
During law school, Geoff was a summer associate in the Munich office of a German law firm.
- Suffolk University Law School (JD)
- Trinity College (BA)
- Currently represents a multibillion-dollar REIT in connection with a nationwide leasing program for office and industrial properties including drafting and negotiating master lease forms for industrial, office and retail spaces.
- Co-manages a multistate leasing program for a national real estate investment fund and their numerous US properties, including six office parks in Texas, nine office parks in California, five office parks in Massachusetts and a large office portfolio in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in connection with its national acquisition and leasing of single-tenant industrial properties.
- Represented a real estate investment and management company in connection with the development and leasing of a large ground-up retail shopping center.
- Represented an owner of several office buildings in the Boston area in acquisitions, dispositions, and financings as well as office space leasing to corporate and biotech tenants.
- Represented a national supermarket chain in the acquisition, development, and financing of commercial and multi-use properties.
- Represented a regional developer in leasing transactions with retail and restaurant tenants related to a ground-up development.
- Represented shopping center owners and developers in leasing matters.
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star (2012 – 2016)
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce's Boston's Future Leaders Program (2018)
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member, Real Estate Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Boston Bar Association Leasing Subcommittee (2015-2017)
- Member, Boston Bar Association Real Estate Steering Committee (2015-2017)