Geoff focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, and financing, with a particular emphasis on office, laboratory, industrial, medical office building, and retail leasing. Additionally, he represents clients involved in real estate developments and guides them through all steps and issues they may encounter, including issues related to zoning and permitting. He is a trusted advisor to his clients, including property owners, developers, retailers, landlords and tenants operating regionally and nationally. He has extensive experience with transactions of all sizes and complexities, including sophisticated transactions across the country.
Before rejoining Mintz, he was a real estate attorney in the Boston office of another law firm, where he represented clients in real estate acquisition, leasing, and financing transactions as well as matters related to real estate development, zoning, and permitting. Geoff was also previously associated with Mintz’s Real Estate Practice as part of the team that represents a national retail chain in the acquisition, ground leasing, development, sale, and leaseback of hundreds of properties.
- Suffolk University Law School (JD)
- Trinity College (BA)
- Currently represents a multibillion-dollar REIT in connection with a nationwide leasing program for office and industrial properties including drafting and negotiating master lease forms for industrial, office and retail spaces.
- Currently manages a multistate leasing program for a national real estate investment fund and their numerous US properties, including six office parks in Texas, nine office parks in California, five office parks in Massachusetts and a large office portfolio in Pennsylvania.
- Currently manages a multistate leasing program for a national REIT in connection with its portfolio of over 100 medical office buildings (MOB).
- Represents a regional developer in leasing transactions with retail and restaurant tenants related to a ground-up mixed-use development.
- Represents shopping center owners and developers in leasing matters.
- Represented landlords and tenants in connection with restaurant leases and fitness club leases.
- Represented gourmet foods company in connection with leases of office and manufacturing facilities.
- Represented private and publicly traded companies in connection with significant tenant side office, R&D, laboratory, warehouse, distribution, and manufacturing leases, ground leases, and build to suit leases all across the country totaling millions of square feet.
- Represented a publicly-traded REIT in connection with its acquisition of single-tenant industrial properties in multiple states.
- Represented a real estate investment and management company in connection with the development and leasing of a large ground-up retail shopping center.
- Represented an owner of several office buildings in the Boston area in acquisitions, dispositions, and financings as well as office space leasing to corporate and biotech tenants.
- Represented a national supermarket chain in the acquisition, development, and financing of commercial and multi-use properties.
- Represented a regional developer in leasing transactions with retail and restaurant tenants related to a ground-up development.
- Represented Signify (f/k/a Philips Lighting) in connection with numerous sales of industrial and manufacturing facilities in multiple states.
- Regularly manages real property aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions for public and private companies and investors across multiple industries.
- Regularly represents healthcare industry investors in connection with owned and leased real property assets in connection with corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented publicly traded REIT in connection with financing and refinancing transactions involving hundreds of properties across the country.
- Represented medical device company in connection with construction financing for a headquarters building project.
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star (2012 – 2016)
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce's Boston's Future Leaders Program (2018)
- Co-Chair, Boston Bar Association Leasing Subcommittee (2015-2017)
- Member, Boston Bar Association Real Estate Steering Committee (2015-2017)
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member, Real Estate Bar Association