- Representation of purchaser of bankrupt paper mill employing a large portion of a Midwest community.
- Representation of Chapter 7 trustee is recovering significant funds in dozens of preference actions.
- Represented a technology and marketing services company in numerous 365 sales of substantially all of its assets and the confirmation of its subsequent Chapter 11 plan.
- Represented a construction services company in the confirmation of its Chapter 11 liquidating plan and post-petition litigation.
- Represented the board of directors of a company that designed and tested semiconductors in preparing and obtaining confirmation of a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Represented an advisory and wealth management firm that had more than $1 billion in assets under management, through the filing of an involuntary bankruptcy petition, the conversion to a voluntary Chapter 11 case, the resolution of significant pre-petition litigation, and the confirmation of its Chapter 11 plan.
- Representation of various individual board members and boards with respect to insolvency and bankruptcy counseling in jurisdictions throughout the United States.
- Representation of ASICS America Corporation, as consignment vendor and member of the unsecured creditors committee in Sports Authority’s bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the District of Delaware.
- Representation of Hitachi Corp. in bankruptcy of General Motors and Chrysler Corporation.
- Representation of clients in acquisitions from assignments for the benefit of creditors in multiple states.
- Representation of the debtor, a coated paper manufacturer, in a chapter 11 bankruptcy that resulted in a sale of substantially all of the debtor’s assets at a final price 64% above the stalking horse bid.
- Representation of bond trustee in restructuring of California land district.
- Representation of liquidity provider/bind holders in Chapter 9 of Jefferson County, Alabama in United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
- Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in successfully securing millions of dollars in judgments and settlements in numerous pieces of complex litigation.
- Representation of a nonprofit organizations on workout, bankruptcy, and dissolution matters.
- Representation of the trustee for certificates of participation in a receivership case of a continuing care retirement community in California Superior Court. Issues include: state court receivership litigation, zoning and land use modifications, supplemental financing and asset sales.
- Representation of numerous clients with respect to acquisition of assets through Uniform Commercial Code Article 9 foreclosures.
- Representation of the indenture trustee in a multi-year Pennsylvania State Court receivership involving defaulted parking revenue bonds for the Scranton Parking Authority.
- Representation of holders of Virgin Islands gross receipts and matching fund revenue bonds
- Representation of ad hoc water and sewer revenue bondholders in Chapter 9 of Detroit, Michigan proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Representation of indenture trustee in obtaining two unlawful detainer judgments against municipality that had defaulted on bond payments.
- Represented the indenture trustee in the workout of $30 million of bonds secured by a Florida senior living facility, including the infusion of $10 million of new capital.
- Representation of numerous distressed real estate investment funds in acquisitions of commercial real estate under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Representation of numerous institutional investors regarding general advice, restructuring, and litigation strategy on various Puerto Rico and related public corporation bond issues, including advising on PROMESA, commonwealth and related fiscal plans, and GO/COFINA litigation.
- Representation of the unsecured creditors’ committee in the bankruptcy of Clark-Cutler-McDermott Company, in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the District of Delaware.
- Representation of K.D. Pharma as buyer in the Sancilio Pharmaceuticals bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court of the District of Delaware.
- Representation of Smyths toys in its acquisition of the Toys"R"Us central European business in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represented a real estate investment-management company that operated self-storage facilities throughout Texas, in a Chapter 11 liquidation of its assets.
Mintz advised the bond trustees of wood pellet supplier German Pellets and its US subsidiaries in a $515 million cross-border bankruptcy. The ongoing matter has included Louisiana and Texas bankruptcy proceedings and related litigation and insolvency matters in Germany.
Mintz represented bondholders and the trustee of two municipal debt issuances totaling $21 million in a bankruptcy case dispute about the borrower’s attempts to modify the terms of the bonds. Mintz persuaded the borrower to amend its improper proposal — and the bondholders received payment in full.
Mintz represented the ad hoc committee in casino giant Caesars Entertainment Corp.'s Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Mintz’s early summary judgment filing helped its clients settle with Caesars. ML Strategies helped to lobby Congress to oppose Caesars's proposed amendments to the Trust Indenture Act.
Mintz represented Wilmington Savings Fund Society, FSB, the indenture trustee for holders of $367 million in notes, in oil and gas developer Energy XXI, Inc.’s contentious Texas bankruptcy. The noteholders ultimately received a cash payout of more than double the original offer amount.
Mintz represented Bay Point Capital Partners, LP in investigations pertaining to its financing of a prepetition sale-leaseback transaction related to the bankruptcy case of Mission Coal Company, LLC. Our attorneys negotiated a settlement that protected the lender’s interests and made it whole.
Recent events have financially impacted many borrowers, lenders and investors. You may be in business relationships with entities that are in financial distress. There are different options available to maximize recovery in such situations.