- Represented an independent authority in an investigation of contractor compliance with the federally mandated disadvantaged business enterprise program.
- Successfully represented Wynn MA, LLC in securing the license to build a five star integrated resort with a casino in Everett, MA.
- Represented an international theater venue operator in litigation against contractors, design professionals and a steel testing company for defective design and construction of a theater. Action initiated in state court and successfully resolved in mediation more than two years before anticipated trial date.
- Won a two-week jury trial in which our client sued for breach of a multi-million-dollar construction contract. The jury found liability on all counts, and the judge found unfair business practices sufficient to warrant the award to our client of reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Represented longtime client, Walsh Construction Limited, in a large mediation against their design build subconsultant HNTB on the I-90 Innerbelt Bridge Project in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Represented a national contractor in the resolution of a construction defect case involving a luxury condominium in Pasadena, California.
- Won over $8 million for the owners of an iconic Boston restaurant that was forced to close and file bankruptcy due to a long-term state-funded construction project that had a negative effect on the number of customers. After a three week trial, the jury awarded our client the full amount we requested.
- Represented a Boston restaurant in a dispute with its mechanical engineer.
- Reached a trial verdict for our client, a construction company, in a property damage dispute.
- Represented a national institutional owner of commercial and multifamily properties in litigation against an architect and a contractor for defective design and construction of a 450-unit Texas project in state court. Successfully resolved in mediation.
- Retained by a real estate company to assist with a variety of issues relating to the construction of several new apartment building in Randolph, Massachusetts that discovered organic gas compounds in their drinking water shortly after occupancy. We handled the insurance, environmental, and engineering related issues.
- Represented an owner entity in a AAA arbitration in a dispute over the design and construction of a biomass fuel plant in Georgia.
Mintz assisted GE with procurement, contract operations, and litigation risk management associated with a $1.7 billion environmental cleanup of PCBs in the Hudson River in New York and manufacturing sites along the river.
Mintz litigators won an $8.5 million jury verdict for Joe Tecce’s Ristorante in Boston’s North End in a case against the Massachusetts Department of Transportation. The Tecce’s sued over lost sales associated with business disruption during the state-funded “Big Dig” construction project.
When construction and design defects at Boston’s Emerson Colonial Theatre delayed the world premiere of Moulin Rouge! The Musical, Mintz filed litigation on behalf of theater operator Ambassador Theatre Group and worked with its general counsel to successfully resolve the matter through mediation.
Mintz and ML Strategies helped Wynn MA, LLC secure a license for a $2+ billion resort & casino project in Everett, Massachusetts. The Mintz team worked through the legislative process and helped Wynn obtain state and local permits and secure a Massachusetts Gaming Commission license.