- Mintz served as health care regulatory counsel to TPG with respect to its investment in LifeStance Health, Inc., a leading provider of outpatient behavioral health services in the United States. TPG joined two existing private equity investors in the company, Summit Partners and Silversmith Capital Partners. Mintz conducted the health care regulatory due diligence. Our work included the review of the Company’s expanded telemedicine offerings in light of COVID-19, and advice on applicable health care regulatory requirements and issues. We also reviewed the purchase agreement and related documents and advised on issues related to the representations and warranties insurance policy obtained by TPG.
- Represented Sanford Health, a non-profit integrated health delivery system, in its affiliation with The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (the “Society”), a non-profit long-term care provider. Our representation primarily focused on assisting Sanford in navigating the change of ownership filings for the Society’s licenses and Medicare and Medicaid filings. Sanford recently affiliated with and became the Corporate Member of The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (the “Society”), a non-profit long-term care provider with more than two hundred senior care locations in twenty-six states. Our representation primarily focused on assisting Sanford and the Society in navigating the change of ownership filings for the Society’s licenses and Medicare and Medicaid filings. As part of this work, we analyzed state regulatory requirements regarding changes of ownership and prepared and submitted the required change of ownership filings. Additionally, we provided counsel on the Society’s compliance program and post-closing enhancement recommendations.
- Served as regulatory counsel to a consortium of investors led by TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in their $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND). The transaction was recognized by The Deal as the 2018 Private Equity Deal of the Year.
- Advised a consortium of investors led by TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in their $1.4 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services.
- Represented a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care and the country's largest operator of physician networks in hundreds of acquisitions, sales, and joint ventures nationwide.
- Represented a private equity backed radiology services provider in multiple practice acquisitions.
- Represented Associated Home Care, a private-duty home health aide provider, in its $28M merger with Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED).
- Counseled a national independent laboratory on state, federal, and accrediting agency notice and approval requirements in connection with its acquisition by an international diagnostics and laboratory services company, and prepared over one hundred filings to be submitted to a variety of agencies.
- Advised an oncology services provider that operates radiation therapy centers and ambulatory surgery facilities across the country in forming contractual arrangements with a nonprofit, multispecialty medical group, providing care across eastern Massachusetts, and a large physicians' organization.
- Represented Ability Services Network, Inc. and its subsidiary MedAllocators, Inc., a clinical services insurance company, in its merger with ExamWorks Group, Inc. (NYSE:EXAM).
- Represent Urgent Care Centers of New England d/b/a CareWell Urgent Care, a venture-backed company that develops, operates, or manages urgent care centers, in connection with the Company's roll-out of urgent care centers and joint venture models.
- Advised a global health care company on a variety of issues in connection with its acquisition of several health plans and provider groups, including health care regulatory due diligence, health care regulatory advice regarding transaction structure and strategy, and preparation of regulatory notices and other filings.
- Advised a multi-state operator of skilled nursing facilities in several acquisitions, including health care regulatory compliance and Medicaid provider enrollment.
- Advised University Physicians, Inc., a physician group organized by six Rhode Island-based, tax-exempt faculty practice plans at the Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University (SOM) and Rhode Island Hospital, with respect to an affiliation agreement with a new unifying entity, Brown Physicians, Inc. (BPI).
- Represented a commercial contract manufacturing organization (CMO) with respect to various cell therapy clinical and commercial manufacturing agreements, including with large pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Mintz advised acute health care services and specialty hospital company Kindred Healthcare and private equity firm TPG Capital in the sale of Kindred Healthcare to LifePoint Health, a national hospital and health care services provider. The combined company, ScionHealth, operates 79 hospital campuses in 25 states.
Mintz has served as national transaction counsel for over 20 years for a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care. Mintz attorneys handle corporate, health care regulatory, employment, litigation, tax, and other related issues for transactions across the country.