Real Estate Transactions
- Represented a leading global real estate and investment management firm in a $1.6 billion acquisition of a highly diversified portfolio of 256 primarily light industrial assets comprising over 30 million square feet across 16 major U.S. markets.
- Represented Northwood Investors in the acquisition of 900 Corporate Pointe in Culver City, CA (300,000 square feet of office space within a three-building office campus).
- Represented a data center owner in its $42 million acquisition, financing and development of a data center in San Francisco.
- Counsels a private real estate investment fund in its leasing of numerous US properties, including a six office parks in Texas, nine in California, five in Massachusetts, a large portfolio in Pennsylvania and elsewhere around the country.
- Represented a client in the sale of 30 industrial and office properties located in the greater Chicago area.
- Represented a landlord in the negotiation of the leasing of 300,000 square feet of office space in Salt Lake City.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the acquisition of membership interests in an entity owning an office and retail tower in New York valued at $425 million and related joint venture documentation.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the acquisition of membership interests in an entity owning an office tower in New York valued at $350 million.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the sale of property in Washington, DC valued at $213 million.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in its $144 million sale of an office building in Glendale, California.
- Represented a leading global real estate and investment management firm in $111 million CMBS loan in connection with the refinancing of a 9 property portfolio located in the Western and Midwestern United States.
Our real estate team structured the deal as a 32-year leasehold condominium – an arrangement that provides Touro with a significant tax advantage.
Mintz represented Menlo Equities, a private, vertically integrated commercial real estate investment firm, in its acquisition of 8 data centers and an 80% interest in a ninth from a partnership between an asset management company and a real estate investment company for approximately $487 million.
Daniel Guggenheim and Michel Soejoto represented Northwood Investors in a complex real estate acquisition that involved multiple purchase agreements, a complicated joint venture agreement, resolving litigation, and obtaining bankruptcy court approval.
Mintz regularly represents one of the largest public companies in the data center space in large, complex transactions, including 4-30 megawatt leases and master service agreements.
Mintz represented the joint venture of The Davis Companies and the Omni Hotel Corp. affiliates in the negotiation of a development agreement for a project to transform a vacant Boston parcel into a 1,054-key hotel. Mintz is providing all real estate, environmental, and permitting legal services.
Mintz closed a joint venture agreement and acquisition of a pre-permitted, mixed-use retail and residential development in Boston within a seven-day deadline. Mintz Real Estate, Corporate, Litigation, and Environmental attorneys worked on the deal.
Mintz represents a private real estate investment firm that has completed over 90 investments collectively valued at $29 billion. Mintz recently helped the company acquire a San Francisco office tower and membership interests in entities that own office property in New York and Glendale, CA.