- 2014 Enforcement Outlook for Public Companies in the Health Care & Life Sciences Sectors
To view the archived recording, click Watch Video above. To download the presentation slides, click View Presentation above.
The U.S. Department of Justice and its federal and state partners continue their coordinated approaches to investigating and prosecuting corporations and executives who do business in the health care and life sciences industries. In 2013, the government conducted many investigations and initiated numerous criminal and civil cases involving pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers and multiple types of health care providers. In addition, the government also brought securities fraud and FCPA cases. Public companies — and their executives — are among those who are at the center of these governmental initiatives. As we enter 2014, there are important lessons to be learned from recent enforcement efforts which should help public companies identify proactive steps that can be taken to reduce the risk of becoming a target of governmental attention.
Our webinar panel will address:
- Why are public pharmaceutical and medical device companies still in the hot seat?
- How is the government treating public companies versus individuals in its efforts to combat fraud and abuse?
- What techniques are being used to prosecute individual officers and key employees?
- What proactive steps can public companies take to avoid fraud and abuse, especially in these areas of government focus?
- What should public companies be communicating to shareholders and investors regarding their compliance programs?