Date: May 3, 2018
Time: 6:30AM - 8:00AM
Location: Washington, DC
- Private Litigation Workshop
Mintz Levin's Therese Doherty will speak at the "Private Litigation Workshop" at the 40th Annual FIA Law & Compliance Conference Program on May 3, 2018.
Are you exposed? This panel will discuss exposure of traders, market intermediaries, trade associations, SEFs, and exchanges to private claims relating to derivatives trading and highlight the significant judicial rulings and outcomes in private actions. Discussion will focus on direct and derivative liability under the Commodity Exchange Act and federal antitrust laws for fraud, price and benchmark manipulation and antitrust violations, as well as potential liability under other laws for cybersecurity breaches.
- Charles Mills - Steptoe & Johnson (moderator)
- Daniel Brockett - Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan
- Therese Doherty - Mintz Levin
- Jonathan Marcus - Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
- Michael Spafford - Paul Hastings