Tokenizing Creativity: Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and Intellectual Property
AIPLA Mid-Winter Institute
Date: February 3, 2022
Time: 2:30PM - 4:00PM (PST)
Location: Rancho Mirage, California
The American Intellectual Property Association presents its Mid-Winter Institute February 1-4, 2022, in Rancho Mirage, CA.
Frank is presenting as a member of a DEEP DIVE panel discussing the ins-and-outs of digital tokens and related intellectual property issues. He is joined by several attorneys and entrepreneurs, including the man credited with creating the first NFT.
Frank's content focused on patentability issues and included discussion of subject matter eligibility in the US and abroad, NFT patenting strategies, and examples of patentable claims.
- Bennett Collen, Entrepreneur and CEO of Endstate
- Michael Fluhr, blockchain attorney at DLA Piper
- Allison Gaul, Technology Counsel at Millen, White, Zelano & Branigan
- Halie Klein, General Counsel at Pace Gallery
- Matthew Makover, Partner at Wilkie Farr & Gallagher
- Kevin McCoy, artist and creator of first NFT
- David Steiner, Partner at Meister & Steiner
Frank Gerratana is a Member at Mintz who partners with innovators to develop and execute smart patent strategies to compete in global markets. His clients include companies pioneering next-generation electrical and computer technologies including cryptocurrency and blockchain systems, social media and Internet applications, autonomous vehicles, and medical tools and devices.