Date: April 11, 2023
Time: 10:00AM - 2:30PM (PST)
Location: Mintz Los Angeles Office
On April 11th Mintz will resume its annual “Lawyer for a Day” event in its Los Angeles office after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During the event, approximately thirty students from Valley Academy of Arts and Sciences, a Title One school, will gain access to what attorneys do, and be able to interact with attorneys and in-house counsel.
Students will participate in interactive learning activities to understand how the legal system works and the role that different types of lawyers play. Several Mintz lawyers will share their stories of how they came to have a career in law and what life is like as in-house counsel. There will be a Q&A session at the end.
A number of distinguished guests will also be on hand, including:
- Yemi Adegbonmire, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, The Bail Project
- Rebecka Biejo – Chief Legal Officer, Pilgrim Media Group
- Yosef Mahmood, Associate Counsel Litigation and Risk, Upwork
- Anne Nash, General Counsel, Secretary & Senior Vice President, Carbon Activated Corp.
- Nicole Reyes – Vice-President, Business Affairs, Sony Entertainment Group
- Christina Tajalli, Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, PictureStart
In addition to hearing from Mintz’s lawyers, students will also participate in breakout sessions, which will address the law, leadership, analytical thinking and problem-solving. Finally, the students will be given the chance to have invaluable one-on-one time with the lawyers at lunch.
Grace Rosales | [email protected]