Erin has significant experience representing institutional lenders, real estate funds, opportunity funds, and other real estate investors in sophisticated real estate finance, purchase and sales, sale-leaseback, and lease transactions involving a broad range of real estate assets — from five-star, full-service resorts, to office and retail buildings, to multifamily and mixed-use projects.
Erin has negotiated many complex, high-value transactions. In a recent $1.5 billion acquisition, Erin represented an opportunity fund as the purchaser/landlord/borrower of 33 net-leased properties made up of various real property asset classes located in the United States and Canada.
Recognized as one of the region’s top real estate negotiators, Erin has been included on the Southern California Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars and the Daily Journal’s “Top 40 under 40” list, and she is consistently recognized among top real estate attorneys by Best Lawyers in America.
She has negotiated favorable agreements on behalf of lenders and borrowers in connection with mortgage and mezzanine financing transactions, sale-leaseback transactions, and CDO transactions; handled large multi-property loan, acquisition, and sale-leaseback transactions; and negotiated commercial office leases, termination agreements, assignments, subordination agreements, and licenses.
Prior to joining Mintz, Erin was a partner with a national real estate practice based in Los Angeles.
- University of Southern California (JD)
- New York University (BFA)
- Represented an opportunity fund as the purchaser/landlord/borrower in connection with a $1.5 billion acquisition of 33 net-leased properties made up of various real property asset classes located in the United States and Canada.
- Represented an opportunity fund as the purchaser/landlord/borrower in connection with a $325 million sale-leaseback transaction involving 11 outdoor retail stores located in nine states in the United States.
- Represented an international borrower in connection with a $185 million CMBS loan, comprised of mortgage and mezzanine financing and secured by a recently redeveloped historic office building in San Francisco, California.
- Represented an opportunity fund as the purchaser/landlord in connection with a $500 million sale-leaseback transaction involving eight grocery warehouse properties located in five states in the United States.
- Represented an opportunity fund as the seller in connection with a $44.6 million sale of four net-leased grocery store properties, located in multiple states in the United States, to an institutional buyer.
- Represented an opportunity fund in connection with the restructuring of a multi-property joint venture for the purpose of redeveloping a large campus of real property in the New Jersey area.
- Created form loan documents for various revolving loan facilities for an institutional lender to cover both committed and discretionary revolving facilities, as well as construction and condominium facilities.
- Represented an opportunity fund as the purchaser/landlord in connection with a $127 million purchase of 63 net-leased restaurant properties, located in 16 states in the United States.
- Represented a large concrete manufacturing company as seller/tenant in connection with a $220 million sale-leaseback transaction involving 51 manufacturing/industrial warehouse properties located in 22 states in the United States and in two provinces in Canada.
- Represented a large equipment rental company, as seller/tenant, in connection with a $120 million sale-leaseback transaction involving over 40 equipment rental industrial properties located in 16 states in the United States.
- Represented a large concrete manufacturing company, as tenant, in connection with a lease for Industrial space in Ontario, California.
- Represented a global food company in connection with the negotiation of an industrial lease (as tenant), and the eventual exercise of a purchase option right for the acquisition, of an industrial building in Riverside, California, for over $11 million.
- Represented an Australian coffee company, as tenant, in connection with the negotiation of a lease for mixed-use (industrial/office/training) space in Culver City, California.
- Represented a group of international investors in connection with the refinancing of two boutique hotels in Beverly Hills, California for $19 million.
- Represented a REIT in connection with the purchase of a shopping mall in Carlsbad, California for $170 million, which consideration comprised cash and preferred equity interests in the transferee.
- Represented an institutional lender in the origination of a multimillion-dollar loan made in connection with the acquisition of a sports venue located in Inglewood, California.
- Represented capital markets institutions, banks, and life insurance companies in the origination of mortgage-secured loans involving hotel, retail, and office properties.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in the restructuring of financing transactions and multi-loan securitized portfolios involving all property types, including the representation of an institutional lender in the refinancing of a $1.6 billion mortgage and mezzanine facility secured by a five-star resort.
- Represented real estate investors in the acquisition, sale, leasing, and financing of office and retail properties.
- Represented a major bank’s high-net-worth individuals in connection with financing the purchase and sale of retail, office, and mixed-use development projects.
- Represented commercial lenders and borrowers in originations and workouts of loans secured by real property and mezzanine equity, involving various types of commercial properties located throughout the United States.
- Represented opportunity funds and operating companies in connection with sale-leaseback and other net-lease transactions involving commercial properties located throughout the United States.
- Represented landlords and tenants in various office, retail, and industrial lease transactions, including leases involving retail, medical, manufacturing, and entertainment companies.
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate (2018 – 2022)
- Daily Journal: Top 40 under 40 (2016)
- Included on the Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list (2016)
- ACLU Foundation of Southern California: Special Award (2013)