Arameh is a litigator who concentrates her practice on defending companies in product liability litigation. She counsels manufacturers and distributors on various issues arising throughout a product’s life cycle, including product labeling and marketing, regulatory compliance, and document retention / management issues. Clients also rely on her to assess litigation risks and implement effective prevention strategies. In addition, Arameh represents life sciences companies in complex mass tort litigation and has extensive experience managing and coordinating class action and multidistrict litigation.
Arameh counsels product manufacturers on issues arising throughout a product's life cycle, from development and market launch to risk prevention, management and, most notably, litigation defense. She represents clients in a variety of industries — including the pharmaceutical, medical device, personal care, and cosmetics sectors — with the goal of advancing each company's business objectives and protecting its brand.
Arameh is a litigator who defends companies engaged in complex product liability litigation, ranging from multiparty cases to single-plaintiff lawsuits. She has been an integral part of numerous trial teams defending pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in high-profile litigation throughout the country. She also has significant experience effectively streamlining and coordinating mass tort litigation on a national, regional, and statewide level. This includes cultivating creative and compelling defense trial themes; training national trial teams; leading teams of local attorneys in consistent and aggressive national defense strategies; analyzing comprehensive case-specific data to facilitate global assessment; identifying, developing, and presenting defense experts; and preparing company witnesses for testimony. Her unique ability to connect with witnesses and translate complex issues into persuasive, concise narratives makes her indispensable in bet-the-company litigation.
As discovery counsel, Arameh has directed legal teams across multiple firms in the efficient collection and strategic analysis of company documents. She regularly guides clients in the implementation of document management protocols and litigation holds.
Arameh leverages her knowledge of her clients' businesses and products to help them succeed. In addition to representing companies in litigation, she provides advice and counsel on risk assessment and prevention strategies, product labeling, as well as corrective actions, including recalls.
- Pepperdine University (JD)
- McGill University (BA, Honors Political Science)
- Served for more than two decades as national products liability and lead trial counsel for national medical device manufacturer with responsibility for handling, supervising, managing and/or directing the defense of their significant products liability matters and providing general advice regarding risk management, CAPA, recalls, pre-litigation strategy, litigation prevention and regulatory issues relating to their various divisions and product lines. Also supervised local counsel throughout the country and participated in trials in multiple venues.
- Serving as national coordinating counsel, lead trial counsel and chief strategist for prominent orthopedic surgeon/researcher in mass product liability litigation for allegations relating solely to his participation in the design process, involving a large multi-disciplinary design team.
- Defending a supplier of sophisticated ventilation and air handling systems in a fatality case at a major Los Angeles Hospital. Multiple claims by the decedent heirs and several cross-complaints for equitable indemnity and apportionment of fault have been asserted in connection with the death of a hospital employee killed while servicing the relevant equipment.
Recognition & Awards
- Included on the Southern California Super Lawyer: Rising Star – Personal Injury – Products: Defense list (2009 – 2018)
- Graduate, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Trial Academy, Stanford Law School
- Recognized by Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the Most Influential Women Attorneys in Los Angeles (2018)
- Subcommittee Chair, ABA Section of Litigation, Mass Torts Committee, Pharmaceutical and Medical Device
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Farsi (Persian)