Energy & Sustainability Connections — February 2023
A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, and company activity straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- Legal Feature: Department of Energy Awards $118 Million for Biofuel Projects. Read here.
- M&A Activity: Read about the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Washington Update: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including the Department of Energy’s (DOE) allocation of $47 million in funding to accelerate the research, development, and demonstration (RD&D) of affordable clean hydrogen technologies, the publication of a report on Puerto Rico grid resilience, and the release of the U.S. National Blueprint for Transportation Decarbonization. Read here.
- Litigation Updates: Read the latest litigation news in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Emerging from the Pandemic: Mintz is focused on helping businesses leverage opportunities and avoid liability as they manage back-to-office transitions and regroup to compete in a changed marketplace. Visit our Emerging from the Pandemic web page to read more.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and we hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Legal Feature: Department of Energy Awards $118 Million for Biofuel Projects.
Emerging from the Pandemic: What Do You Need to Know Now?
Energy and Sustainability Team — Built For This Moment
At the frontlines of the energy and sustainability revolution since the start, our team was built for this moment: to advance innovation, transform infrastructure, and scale solutions integral to business success and a thriving planet.
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.