We have a few open spots left, so we thought we'd pass along an invite for a wage and hour seminar we are hosting one week from today, Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at our New York office. Program description below. In person registration is from 7:30-8:00am and seminar will take place from 8:00-9:30am. We hope you can join us.
Wage and hour lawsuits filed by employees are on the rise, as are government audits targeting employers for potential wage and hour violations. Given the potential exposure associated with these types of lawsuits and the increased focus that federal and state governments are placing on these issues, it is imperative that you take preventive measures to insulate your company against potential liability.
Whether you are inside counsel to the company or a human resource manager, we hope you will join us before you start your workday for a breakfast seminar focused on the latest trends in wage and hour compliance matters. We’ll discuss how employers can develop and implement effective strategies for minimizing exposure to FLSA and New York State wage and hour claims and government investigations. Topics include:
- Misclassification and Its (Real) Consequences (Independent Contractors, Interns, Temporary employees, etc.)
- Understanding the “Hour” in Wage & Hour
- Content Matters: Treating the Employee Handbook as More Than Just a Piece of Paper
- Other Common Mistakes Leading to Wage & Hour Claims and DOL Investigations and Audits
- Managing DOL Investigations and Audits
- Conducting Effective Internal Audits
With an In-House Perspective provided by Melissa Chernofsky, Associate General Counsel, Israel Discount Bank of New York