- Currently representing various health care providers in connection with criminal and civil investigations.
- Currently representing an individual in connection with ongoing global investigations into 1MDB.
- Represented several elected officials with respect to grand jury investigations without any charges being brought.
- Convinced the Department of Justice not to charge or sue a number of government contractors in differing industries following investigations of alleged False Claims Act violations.
- Resolved False Claims Act investigation by the Department of Justice and Massachusetts Attorney General into urgent care clinic chain.
- Represented several diagnostic laboratories in connection with criminal and civil investigations by the Department of Justice.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in connection with SEC and DOJ insider trading investigation.
- Secured complete dismissal of charges at trial in federal court involving mail and wire fraud against an individual.
- Represented large corporation in connection with Foreign Corrupt Practice Act investigation resulting in no charges brought.
- Represented top gaming company and company executives in connection with grand jury investigation.
- Performed internal investigation for board committee in response to whistleblower complaint.
- Routinely represent individual witnesses in connection with FBI and OIG investigations.
- Represented technology company in connection with theft by former employee.
Mintz represented a professional services provider who was charged with wire fraud and money laundering. At the close of the government’s evidence and after Mintz cross-examined the government’s witnesses, the judge dismissed the case without sending it to the jury.
Mintz’s COVID-19 Compliance & Enforcement Defense Task Force is closely monitoring and advising clients on criminal and civil enforcement actions related to the COVID-19 relief programs.
Mintz helped a publicly traded company that does substantial business with the federal government respond to a grand jury subpoena and civil investigative demand following a whistleblower’s allegations of fraud. The government ultimately declined to bring criminal charges or a civil suit.