- Represented Edgile, a portfolio company of ABRY Partners and transformational cybersecurity consulting provider, in its sale to Wipro Limited, a global IT, consulting and business process services company
- Represented DW Healthcare Partners in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of ownership interests in Cefaly Technology SPRL and Cefaly US Inc., a medical device company; its acquisition of controlling stake in Aequor Healthcare Services, a New Jersey-based healthcare and IT staffing company; its investment in Med-Pharmex, Inc, a California-based pharmaceutical research, formulation, and manufacturing company in the animal health industry; and its sale of WillowWood Global LLC, a leading designer and manufacturer of a broad range of prosthetic products, to Blue Sea Capital
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its investment in Solve Advisors, a SAAS-based database tool for financial services companies, as well as in its investment in Healthcare Fraud Shield, a provider of Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) detection software to healthcare payers
- Represented MPE in multiple transactions, including its recent majority recapitalization of Inkcups, a global leader in the specialty printing industry; the recapitalization of Trachte, a seller and constructor of pre-assembled, modular steel buildings for storage and other industrial purposes; the subsequent complex sale of Trachte to a private fund associated with Palladium Equity Partners, LLC.; the recapitalization of Voeller Mixers, Inc., a manufacturer of batch plants and mixing equipment for concrete, glass, and related industries; the acquisition of United Pipe & Steel Corp., a distributor of commodity pipe products; and its acquisitions of companies engaged in the manufacturing and sale of water equipment
- Represented Monomoy Capital Partners in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of Cast-Crete Holdings, LLC, a building products company, and acquisitions of May Manufacturing, LLC, d/b/a Artesian Spas, and Marquis Hot Tubs LLC, both manufacturers of hot tubs, swim spas, and related products
- Represented International Data Group, Inc., a subsidiary of China Oceanwide Holdings Group, Co. Ltd., in its sale to private equity funds of Blackstone
- Represented Cardurion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company, in its private investment of up to $300M from Bain Capital Life Sciences and Bain Capital Private Equity
- Represented Presidio Investors in multiple transactions, including its control equity investment in Resolve Tech Solutions, a leading technology services platform focused on SAP implementation; its acquisition of an international single-issue magazine and book publisher; and its acquisition and consolidation of 15 independent smart-home technology companies, creating Bravas LLC, a nationwide designer of luxury smart-home systems
- Represented Azenta Life Sciences (Nasdaq: AZTA) (formerly Brooks Automation, Inc.), a leading provider of life sciences solutions worldwide, in the sale of its Semiconductor Solutions business to private equity firm Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P.
- Served as trusted corporate counsel to Coppermine Capital in numerous buy-side transactions, including representation of portfolio company Autism Care Partners in its acquisition of Puddingstone Place, LLC, a provider of programming for individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities, as well as representation of portfolio company AccordCare, an in-home personal care company, in its acquisition of multiple home care providers
- Represented Berenson Capital in its acquisition of Interactive Digiatl Solutions, a video collaboration and telehealth solutions provider
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its investment in Construction Forms, Inc. (Con Forms), a leading manufacturer of piping systems and accessories for concrete, mining, power generation, and other industrial applications
- Represented Artemis in its acquisition of Tekscan, Inc., a manufacturer of flexible, ultra-thin sensors and systems, as well as in its acquisition of R. M. Lucas Co., a manufacturer of coatings and mastics
- Represented HealthpointCapital in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of a majority stake in IlluminOss Medical Inc., and its acquisition of a controlling interest in CrossRoads Extremity Systems
- Served as counsel to TZP Group and their portfolio companies, Global Employment Solutions and University Furnishings, in connection with recapitalization transactions and financings for acquisitions
- Served as health care regulatory counsel to TPG Capital in its new partnership with existing investors, Summit Partners and Silversmith Capital Partners, to back outpatient behavioral health services provider, LifeStance Health
- Served as regulatory counsel to a consortium of investors led by TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in their $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND) - named by The Deal as the private equity deal of 2018
- Advised a consortium of investors led by TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in their $1.4B acquisition of Curo Health Services
- Represented Corinthian Capital Group, LLC in the sale of Texas-based Friedrich Air Conditioning Co., Ltd., one of the private equity firm’s portfolio companies, to another New York–based private equity firm
- Represented Feeney Utility Services Group (FUSG), a leading provider of maintenance, repair, and upgrade services to natural gas utilities in the Northeast, in its sale to Artera Services, LLC - also represented FUSG in its recapitalization with CAI Private Equity and in multiple debt financing transactions
Siegel’s majority recapitalization positions the fourth-generation, family-owned company for accelerated growth.
Mintz advised acute health care services and specialty hospital company Kindred Healthcare and private equity firm TPG Capital in the sale of Kindred Healthcare to LifePoint Health, a national hospital and health care services provider. The combined company, ScionHealth, operates 79 hospital campuses in 25 states.
Mintz represented International Data Group, Inc., a leading market intelligence and data platform for the technology industry, in its sale to private equity funds managed by Blackstone.
The proposed sale to private equity firm Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P., will allow Brooks to accelerate the growth of its other global business, Life Sciences, which will operate as a standalone publicly traded company under a new name yet to be announced.
View our new report for insights on emerging trends and opportunities in the private equity mid-market. Edited by Mintz’s David Conway and Katya Daniel, the report covers the shifting PE marketplace — including factors pointing to continuing deal growth.
Mintz analyzed PitchBook data to produce an in-depth report on the record rise in special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) fundraising in the US since 2020 and the recent increase in SPAC merger activity. We also explore how SPACs could evolve and litigation challenges to SPAC IPOs and transactions.
The Mintz PE team has served as MPE’s trusted advisor in several key transactions. In September, Mintz represented the client in the sale of its portfolio company, Trachte USA, to a private fund associated with Palladium Equity Partners.
Attorneys Andrew Bernstein and Alex Song represented the CEO and senior officers of a global data and technology company in a $3.3B investment transaction involving negotiations with two private equity funds.
Mintz has represented a private equity-backed managed healthcare services company amid its initial formation and capitalization, add-on acquisitions, and debt and equity financing rounds. Mintz helped the company secure $1 billion+ of syndicated credit facilities for a game-changing acquisition.
A New York private equity team at Mintz helped Corinthian Capital Group, LLC sell North American air conditioning manufacturer Friedrich Air Conditioning Co., Ltd. to Monomoy Capital Partners in 2016. Mintz previously represented Corinthian in its acquisition of Friedrich and other deals.