Date: April 27, 2019
Mintz Members Pete Corless and Ed Pease will be speaking at the E-Team Stage 1 workshop to discuss IP and incorporation basics for startups.
The session will help innovators:
- Understand the implications of public disclosure and how the law has changed from first-to-invent to first-to-file; how this impacts the customer discovery process
- Have a working vocabulary regarding provisional patents and patent filing strategy and timeline
- Have an understanding of inventorship and ownership
- Recognize that patent strategy is not separate from the rest of the business strategy and much of the same language and concepts should be used in both areas.
- Know the decisions to make in terms of naming, incorporating, and sharing equity among founders in the company.
Ed C. Pease is a Member at Mintz who advises technology, life sciences, medical device, energy, and financial services entrepreneurs, start-ups, and emerging companies on equity structuring, IP protection, seed stage and venture capital financing transactions, and other commercial transactions.