This 90-minute webinar explored the processes, considerations, and other factors behind the incubation and launch of new companies by some of today’s leading venture capital firms. Our panelists addressed these key questions and topics:
- What are common sources of ideas for new companies and how do VC business models facilitate and measure the progress and de-risking of translational science?
- How do venture firms approach financing a new entity and how do they balance capital at risk and value capture with syndication and/or non-dilutive funding from partnerships?
- What are venture firms’ views on founder equity for inventors, for initial key team members, and for their own firms in their capacity as new company founders?
- What are key steps to creating an ideal initial management team?
- Nessan Bermingham, PhD, Serial entreprenuer and investor; currently President & CEO, Triplet Therapeutics, Executive Chairman, Korro Bio
- Nathaniel Brooks Horwitz, Principal, Venture Team, RA Capital Management; board member of multiple companies
- Deborah Palestrant, PhD, Partner, Head of 4:59, 5AM Ventures
Their full bios can be found here.