Energy & Sustainability Connections Newsletter – January 2021
A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- Legal Feature: During Biden Administration, SEC will require Climate Change Risk and ESG Disclosure. Read here.
- Client Feature: This month, we are excited to feature XL Fleet, an industry leader in fleet electrification. Read more here.
- M&A Activity: Read about the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Washington Updates: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including updates on President-elect Biden’s cabinet nominees and a summary of renewed energy tax provisions in 2021. Read here.
- Event Highlights: Don’t miss this month’s exciting virtual events, including a webinar detailing the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on solar markets.
Learn more here.
- COVID-19 Insights Center: Mintz has been closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19, and our attorneys have been posting regular updates to help our clients navigate these unprecedented and challenging times. Visit our COVID-19 Insights Center to read more.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and we hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Legal Feature: During Biden Administration, SEC will require Climate Change Risk and ESG Disclosure.
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.