Energy & Sustainability Connections — April 2023
A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- Mintz Energy Deal: Mintz helps Logical Buildings close a $110 million virtual power plant project facility, a first-of-its-kind energy efficiency–financing vehicle. Read here.
- Legal Feature: The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022: Takeaways for the Clean Energy Sector. Read here.
- M&A Activity: Read about the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Washington Update: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including the House Republicans’ approval of a significant energy package, the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) first-ever national Offshore Wind Energy Strategy, and recently announced funding opportunities from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law & Inflation Reduction Act. Read here.
- Litigation Updates: Read the latest litigation news in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Event Highlights: Don’t miss this month’s exciting events, including the Wood Mackenzie Event: Edinburgh New Energies Briefing The Route to Net Zero. Learn more here.
- Energy Funding Matrix: ML Strategies and Mintz have developed a matrix of federal grant, loan, and financing programs to help you leverage federal dollars in your clean and renewable energy efforts. Learn more here.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and we hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Mintz Energy Deal: Mintz helps Logical Buildings close a $110 million virtual power plant project facility, a first-of-its-kind energy efficiency–financing vehicle.
Legal Feature: The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022: Takeaways for the Clean Energy Sector.
Energy Funding Matrix: ML Strategies and Mintz matrix of federal grant, loan, and financing programs to help you leverage federal dollars in your clean and renewable energy efforts
Energy and Sustainability Team — Built For This Moment
At the frontlines of the energy and sustainability revolution since the start, our team was built for this moment: to advance innovation, transform infrastructure, and scale solutions integral to business success and a thriving planet.
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.