- Representing a large private equity fund in structuring the compensation and equity arrangements for the senior management team in its acquisition of an industrial materials manufacturer.
- Representing the senior management team of a marketing information services company in negotiating their employment and equity arrangements in connection with a private equity company’s acquisition.
- Structuring and implementing a management incentive plan for an international manufacturer.
- Representing a public company in connection with modifying its outstanding performance equity awards to comply with Section 409A of the tax code.
- Representing a large not-for-profit organization in connection with the investigation of alleged misconduct by a high-level officer.
- Negotiating compensation arrangements for senior portfolio and strategy managers with various mutual, private equity, and hedge funds.
- Handling an internal investigation concerning alleged kickbacks to employees from a corporation’s vendors.
- Winning an arbitration to obtain purchase price adjustments for the principals of a corporation sold to a public company.
- Avoiding whistleblower claims from senior members of a manufacturer’s accounting department based on allegedly fraudulent accounting practices.
- Represented the Chief Operating Officer of a large telecommunications company in connection with a renewal and renegotiation of his employment agreement and equity awards.
- Represented a wholesale retailer in connection with negotiating the equity awards granted to its CEO, including drafting and negotiating a restricted stock award, a non-qualified option award, two profit interest awards and multi-party put, call and pre-emption rights agreement.
- Represented a wholesale retailer in connection with negotiating the equity awards granted to its CEO, including drafting and negotiating a restricted stock award, a non-qualified option award, two profit interest awards and multi-party put, call and pre-emption rights agreement
Mintz has served as national transaction counsel for over 20 years for a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care. Mintz attorneys handle corporate, health care regulatory, employment, litigation, tax, and other related issues for transactions across the country.
Mintz represented a major US academic health system in a $200+ million transaction to sell assets related to its clinical outreach laboratory business. Attorneys from Mintz worked on due diligence and disclosures and advised the client on regulatory, trademark, real estate, and other issues.
Mintz served as transaction counsel for New York nonprofit elderly services organization Isabella Home in a combination with another New York nonprofit health system for the elderly. Metropolitan Jewish Heath System, Inc. agreed to become the sole member of Isabella Home and one of its affiliates.
Mintz advised Seventh Generation, a maker of environmentally friendly household cleaning products, from its beginnings as a catalog company through its evolution into a leading “green” company. Mintz also represented the company in its sale to Unilever.