- Represented Geneius Biotechnology, Inc in a dispute with a minority shareholder that attempted to gain control of the company. In an expedited matter, we served as lead trial counsel in the Delaware Chancery Court and secured a total victory for the client.
- Successfully arbitrated a complex partnership dispute involving claims of breach of fiduciary duties in connection with the management of 3 mixed-use buildings in midtown Manhattan. Secured a $31 million award on behalf of the client, which directed that the partnership be dissolved and that there be an open market sale of the three properties.
- Represented SpinMaster, a leading global children's entertainment company, in a patent infringement case related to the company's Zero Gravity® Laser toy vehicle, which was named "Best Toy" by Popular Mechanics at the 2019 Toy Fair. Obtained a preliminary injunction in December 2019 enjoining the sales of the infringing toys by defendant, which was appealed. The parties settled their dispute and the case was dismissed by stipulation.
- Conducted internal investigation of privately held company related to the termination of its CEO and negotiated favorable settlement with former executive to allow for company’s growth and additional investment.
- Represented individual partner in a partnership dissolution action with, among others, claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, accounting, and disparagement. Obtained dismissal with prejudice of all but a single declaratory judgment action, allowing for favorable settlement only months after the commencement of the action.
At the peak of toy-buying season, Mintz helped Spin Master Ltd. obtain a preliminary injunction preventing toy company E. Mishan & Sons, Inc. (Emson) from importing and selling Radical Racers toys in the US after Spin Master sued Emson for infringing patents covering its Zero Gravity® toys.
When the former acting managing partner of a New York real estate partnership misappropriated partnership monies and assets, a Mintz team led by attorney Chris Sullivan obtained a $31M award for damages.
In a case alleging breaches of fiduciary duty, a Mintz corporate and litigation team led by lawyers Seth Goldman and Stephen Curley achieved a very favorable settlement for plaintiffs — minority stockholders who hadn’t received a financial return on their early-stage investment in FragranceNet.com.