Kaitlyn’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation across a variety of areas, including contract disputes and business dissolutions. She regularly advises clients in all stages of litigation, from pre-litigation counseling and investigation, through the discovery process, through mediation and settlement, and, where necessary, through the trial and the appeals process. She is a member of the firm’s Appellate practice group and has worked on appellate briefs for the First Department, New York Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. She has been a member of several successful trial and arbitration teams at Mintz and her prior firm, including co-chairing a Delaware Chancery Court trial, but has also been successful in obtaining favorable settlements for her clients long before the trial process. Kaitlyn is effective at managing large case teams in all stages of litigation to efficiently and successfully secure wins for our clients that benefit their business objectives.
She has developed and maintains a significant amount of experience with regards to Delaware litigation and its risks and significance for corporate clients and their entities. She also maintains an active Connecticut practice and has experience in managing filings and discovery in the state, appearing and arguing in the state and appellate courts situated there, giving her insight into the procedurals of the state court.
Kaitlyn is also active in the firm’s pro bono initiatives. She is lead counsel in immigration proceedings to obtain Special Immigrant Juvenile Status for two siblings, and has drafted and filed multiple amicus briefs in the Supreme Court of the United States on behalf of pro bono clients, including the National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance.
- Fordham University (JD, magna cum laude)
- Boston University (BS, summa cum laude)
- Represented Geneius Biotechnology, Inc in a dispute with a minority shareholder that attempted to gain control of the company. In an expedited matter, we served as lead trial counsel in the Delaware Chancery Court and secured a total victory for the client.
- Successfully arbitrated a complex partnership dispute involving claims of breach of fiduciary duties in connection with the management of 3 mixed-use buildings in midtown Manhattan. Secured a $31 million award on behalf of the client, which directed that the partnership be dissolved and that there be an open market sale of the three properties.
- Represented SpinMaster, a leading global children's entertainment company, in a patent infringement case related to the company's Zero Gravity® Laser toy vehicle, which was named "Best Toy" by Popular Mechanics at the 2019 Toy Fair. Obtained a preliminary injunction in December 2019 enjoining the sales of the infringing toys by defendant, which was appealed. The parties settled their dispute and the case was dismissed by stipulation.
- Conducted internal investigation of privately held company related to the termination of its CEO and negotiated favorable settlement with former executive to allow for company’s growth and additional investment.
- Represented individual partner in a partnership dissolution action with, among others, claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, accounting, and disparagement. Obtained dismissal with prejudice of all but a single declaratory judgment action, allowing for favorable settlement only months after the commencement of the action.
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America "Ones to Watch": Commercial Litigation (2021-2022)
- New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars - Business Litigation (2016 - 2021)
- Order of the Coif, Fordham University School of Law
- Mary Daley Prize in Legal Ethics, Fordham University School of Law