Katie is a Patent Agent with significant biochemistry research experience. Her postdoctoral and graduate work included the expression, purification, and enzymatic characterization of the Alzheimer’s Disease target protein, BACE1; structure-based drug design for the identification and development of novel potent inhibitors; kinetic characterization of inhibitors using steady state kinetic assays; and extensive synchrotron experience for automated X-ray crystallographic data collection.
Earlier in her career, Katie was a production scientist in the immunodiagnostics division of an international biomedical testing company, and worked at a large food company as a research scientist.
- Purdue University (PhD, Biochemistry)
- College of St. Benedict (BA, Biochemistry)
- Volunteer with Tenacity, Dever-McCormack Public Middle School, Dorchester, Massachusetts (2014)
- Biosymposium organizer, Purdue University (May 2013)
- Science fair judge, West Lafayette Middle School, West Lafayette, Indiana (2011 – 2013)
- Volunteer and mentor, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America (2006 – 2010)
- Volunteer emergency medical technician (2003 – 2006)