Posted On: 08.21.2017
Office: San Diego, CA
We are looking for an experienced patent prosecution associate for our San Diego or San Francisco offices as we continue to grow our prosecution practice.Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and referencing this position in the subject line of your e-mail. Search Firms with an active fee agreement are also welcome to submit resumes to email@example.com for this position.
· Assess scientific literature, patents and patent application documents. Understand, critique and provide insightful opinion on scientific data;
· Assist with patent landscapes and freedom to operate analysis in various high technology areas;
· Drafting written assessments of the prospects of obtaining patent protection;
· Drafting patent applications;
· Draft responses to communications from the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other patent offices; and
· Collaborate with colleagues on various projects including assessing patents for corporate due diligence and conducting underlying analysis for opinions and litigations.
· Handle a variety of patent projects, including patent drafting, prosecution, reexaminations, opinions, litigation support and due diligence.
· Ideal candidates will have 2 to 5 years of law firm experience and a B.S. in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or physics, graduate degree a plus.
· Experience with patent drafting and prosecution in fields relating to fluid/heat transfer, aerosol physics, etc. is preferred.
· Desire and ability to quickly learn the fundamentals of a broad range of new technologies
· Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated scientific writing ability
· Demonstrated verbal skills required to communicate scientific concepts effectively to clients, attorneys, scientists and engineers.
· USPTO admission or ability to be admitted within one year of hire