A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- Legal Features:
- Organization Feature: This month, we are excited to spotlight The Clean Fight NY’s Buildings Edition program, which is open for applications until July 19, 2020. The Clean Fight NY is a not-for-profit accelerator that helps growth-stage clean energy companies from around the world expand their operations in New York to help meet the state’s future energy and efficiency needs, while boosting economic opportunity and job creation. Read here.
- M&A Activity: Read the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space.
- Washington Updates: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including information on the Moving Forward Act (H.R. 2) and the Congressional Action Plan for a Clean Energy Economy.
- Event Highlights: Don’t miss this month’s exciting virtual events, including a webinar on the role of hydrogen in decarbonization and the future of the offshore wind industry in New England.
Learn more here.
- COVID-19 Insights Center: Mintz has been closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19, and our attorneys have been posting daily updates to help our clients navigate these unprecedented and challenging times. Visit our COVID-19 Insights Center to read more.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can always ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
- Petition Seeks Federal Overturn of Net Metering, Calls into Question Federal vs. State Authority Over Solar Sales.
- Section 45Q Proposed Regulations Provide Guidance on Secure Geological Storage, Carbon Oxide Utilization, Retrofitting, and Recaptur