John has a robust complex commercial litigation practice across a variety of practice areas, including securities litigation, shareholder disputes, and sports law. He advises clients at all stages of litigation and has consistently achieved positive results for clients including through favorable settlements and positive outcomes at trial.
Prior to his career in law, John earned a Master’s Degree in Secondary Education from Boston University, and taught High School English at Medway High School, where he also coached freshman basketball and varsity track.
During law school, John served on the Boston College International & Comparative Law Review. He was a summer associate at Mintz in 2009.
- Boston College (JD)
- Boston University (MA)
- Vanderbilt University (BA)
Securities Litigation and Shareholder Disputes
- Represented publicly traded wellness company and its directors, defending against claims for securities fraud under sections 10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and section 12 of the Securities Act of 1933, and common law claims for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract.
- Represented publicly traded biotech company and its directors, defending against claims for securities fraud under section 10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Represented publicly traded medical device company, defending against claims for breach of a securities purchase agreement.
- Represented insurance company in appraisal rights action brought under Utah law.
- Represented supermarket chain in appraisal rights action brought in Delaware.
- Represented private investment firm, defending against claims for securities fraud under sections 11 and 15 of the Securities Act of 1933 and section 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Sports and Entertainment Law
- Represented professional basketball player in arbitration with agent.
- Represented professional basketball player agent in dispute with the Players’ Association.
- Advised professional sports teams on a variety of issues, including employment disputes, internal investigations, and potential league discipline.
General Commercial Litigation
- Represented global asset management company in arbitration proceeding, successfully litigating claims against former employees for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and fraud.
- Represented individuals in Turnover Proceeding defending against claims of undue influence and fraudulent inducement.
- Represented apparel company in putative class action relating to alleged product defects.
- Represented reality television star in breach of contract and copyright litigation.
- Represented defrauded investor with respect to government investigation into alleged fraudulent entertainment app.