Aspen’s aerogel insulation is up to five times more effective than traditional insulation materials.
- Our client Aspen Aerogels expanded its strategic partnership with BASF
- We collaborated efficiently with the client to facilitate a mutually beneficial partnership
- The resulting agreements will create new product and market opportunities for Aspen Aerogels for years to come
In order to increase market penetration, enhance product profitability, and facilitate the development of next generation materials, Aspen Aerogels and BASF decided to expand their strategic partnership.
Our client, Aspen Aerogels, is an aerogel technology company that designs, develops, and manufactures innovative, high-performance aerogel insulation used primarily in the energy infrastructure and building materials markets where thermal energy efficiency is at a premium and Aspen’s products offer unique value.
Since 2010, Mintz has represented Aspen Aerogels in numerous matters, including its $82.5 million IPO on the NYSE. Given our long-standing relationship with the company, we are engrained in Aspen’s business and understand its goals. The Mintz team was able to quickly and efficiently work with Aspen to facilitate the mutually beneficial partnership. Led by Sahir Surmeli, Mintz attorneys worked on the exclusive supply agreement and joint development agreement that will be in place for years to come.
This strategic partnership has created the following new product and market opportunities for our client, supported by the long-term financing structure:
• Supply agreement for Aspen Aerogel’s Spaceloft® A2 insulation product initially targeting the global building materials market
• Financing supporting Aspen Aerogels’ capacity expansion, process optimization, and product development initiatives
• Joint development agreement for next generation aerogel products to accelerate market expansion
Led by Sa Surmeli, our Aspen Aerogels team has a long-standing relationship with the company and understands its goals.