Caroline advises clients in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including insurance coverage, employment and labor, toxic tort, products liability, construction, real estate, and environmental cases. She guides clients through all stages of litigation in state and federal courts, from pre-litigation negotiations to motion practice through trial, and often successfully obtains early dismissals and negotiates early settlements. Caroline represents companies of all sizes, from regional businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Prior to joining Mintz, Caroline was a litigation associate at a national law firm, where she represented clients in a broad spectrum of litigation and handled various matters before state and federal agencies. Earlier in her career, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Maureen McKenna Goldberg of the Rhode Island Supreme Court and the Honorable Brian Van Couyghen, Associate Justice of the Rhode Island Superior Court.
While earning her JD, Caroline served as a judicial extern to the Honorable O. Rogeriee Thompson of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and a judicial intern to the Honorable Dennis J. Curran, a now-retired associate justice of the Massachusetts Superior Court. In law school, Caroline was a research assistant for a professor in the legal practice department, an articles editor of the Roger Williams Law Review, and a member of the Moot Court Board. She was also a clinic legal assistant/USPTO student practitioner with RWU Law’s Business Start-Up Clinic.
- Roger Williams University School of Law (JD, magna cum laude)
- Emmanuel College (BA)
Recognition & Awards
- Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Business Startup Clinic (2017)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Employment Law (2017)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Labor Law (2017)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Practice III (2016)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Practice I (2014)