B’anca helps clients in the communications and technology industries navigate regulatory, transactional, and compliance issues. Specifically, she counsels clients on obtaining Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approval for license assignments and transfers of control as well as for devices being marketed, imported, and sold in the United States. She is the go-to attorney in the firm’s Technology, Communications & Media (TechComm) Practice with respect to emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence and drones, and ownership issues for entities holding FCC licenses or authorizations.
In addition to her work on client-specific issues, B’anca is one of the TechComm Practice’s lead attorneys for matters involving the FCC’s ongoing spectrum proceedings. B’anca also has extensive knowledge of telecommunications- and broadband-related legislation at the state and federal levels.
Prior to joining Mintz, B’anca worked as an associate and law clerk at a prominent, DC-based law firm where she also practiced communications law.
Cable & Telecom Transactions
- Represented TPG Global in its $2.365 billion acquisition of Wave Broadband in 2018 to create the sixth largest cable operator in the country, changing the nature of the company from a small, relatively unknown competitor to one of the most powerful cable operators in the country.
- Represented T-Mobile before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in its acquisition of radio spectrum covering operations in Montana and Wyoming. The approval was predicated on securing a waiver of the FCC’s rules because the previous holder of the spectrum licenses failed to construct the station as required, which would have otherwise caused cancellation of the licenses subject to the transfer request. Against heavy opposition, the FCC approved the transaction and waiver request.
- Represented Cable One in its $735 million acquisition of New Wave.
- Represented Straight Path Communications, as it entered into a historic Consent Decree with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), in its merger with Verizon Communications Inc. The Consent Decree permitted Straight Path to retain its most high-value FCC licenses in the face of an FCC investigation into potential rule violations. As a result of the Consent Decree, Straight Path was able to enter into an agreement with Verizon for $3.1 billion in value.
What’s New in Wireless - May 2023
May 2, 2023 | Blog | By Angela Kung, T. Scott Thompson, Christen B'anca Glenn
What’s New in Wireless - April 2023
April 5, 2023 | Blog | By Angela Kung, T. Scott Thompson, Christen B'anca Glenn
What’s New in 5G - March 2023
March 1, 2023 | Blog | By Angela Kung, Christen B'anca Glenn
What’s New in 5G - February 2023
February 2, 2023 | Blog | By Angela Kung, Christen B'anca Glenn
What’s New in 5G - January 2023
January 3, 2023 | Blog | By Angela Kung, Christen B'anca Glenn
What's New in 5G - December 2022
December 5, 2022 | Blog | By Angela Kung, Christen B'anca Glenn
What's New in 5G - November 2022
November 2, 2022 | Blog | By Angela Kung, Christen B'anca Glenn
What's New in 5G - October 2022
October 5, 2022 | Blog | By Angela Kung, Christen B'anca Glenn
What's New in 5G - September 2022
September 1, 2022 | Blog | By T. Scott Thompson, Angela Kung, Christen B'anca Glenn
News & Press
Events & Speaking
Broadband and Cable Industry Law 2022
Practising Law Institute (PLI)
Recognition & Awards
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Telecom & Broadcast: Regulatory (2022)
- 2022 DC Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Member, Federal Communications Bar Association