B’anca serves an integral role in Mintz’s TechComm section as one of the lead attorneys on the FCC’s ongoing spectrum proceedings. She is the firm’s go-to attorney with respect to the FCC’s mid-band and high-band spectrum proceedings, which are helping move the nation towards the fifth generation of wireless technology (“5G”), and she is an expert in 911 regulations. B’anca also focuses on telecommunications-related transactions and telecommunications and broadband-related legislation at the state and federal levels. She is also the TechComm section expert on the FCC ownership issues that impact how transactions are structured to gain quick approval.
Prior to joining Mintz, B’anca worked as an associate and law clerk at a prominent, DC-based law firm where she also practiced communications law.
During her time at Howard University School of Law, she served as Managing Editor for the Howard Law Journal.
Cable & Telecom Transactions
- Represented TPG Global in its $2.365 billion acquisition of Wave Broadband in 2018 to create the sixth largest cable operator in the country, changing the nature of the company from a small, relatively unknown competitor to one of the most powerful cable operators in the country.
- Represented T-Mobile before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in its acquisition of radio spectrum covering operations in Montana and Wyoming. The approval was predicated on securing a waiver of the FCC’s rules because the previous holder of the spectrum licenses failed to construct the station as required, which would have otherwise caused cancellation of the licenses subject to the transfer request. Against heavy opposition, the FCC approved the transaction and waiver request.
- Represented Cable One in its $735 million acquisition of New Wave.
- Represented Straight Path Communications, as it entered into a historic Consent Decree with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), in its merger with Verizon Communications Inc. The Consent Decree permitted Straight Path to retain its most high-value FCC licenses in the face of an FCC investigation into potential rule violations. As a result of the Consent Decree, Straight Path was able to enter into an agreement with Verizon for $3.1 billion in value.
January 5, 2022 | Blog | By Angela Kung, Christen B'anca Glenn
December 3, 2021 | Blog | By Angela Kung, Christen B'anca Glenn
News & Press
Recognition & Awards
- Recommended by the Legal 500 United States for Telecom & Broadcast: Regulatory (2022)
- Member, Federal Communications Bar Association