- Represented Cigna as health regulatory counsel in its acquisition of Express Scripts.
- Represented Catamaran (f/k/a CatalystRx) in the structuring and negotiation of its PBM services arrangement with CIGNA.
- Represented national worker’s compensation PBM in connection with multiple worker’s compensation PBM acquisitions.
- Represented a national specialty pharmacy provider in connection with an internal compliance audit and investigation and response to government investigation.
- Advised national pharmacy chain in multiple specialty pharmacy and long-term care pharmacy acquisitions.
- Represented SingleCare, a discount medical and pharmacy card operator (“DMPO”), in its contracting with pharmacies, providers and other vendors.
- Served as regulatory counsel to a consortium of investors led by TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in their $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND). The transaction was recognized by The Deal as the 2018 Private Equity Deal of the Year.
- Advised a global health care company on a variety of issues in connection with its acquisition of several health plans and provider groups, including health care regulatory due diligence, health care regulatory advice regarding transaction structure and strategy, and preparation of regulatory notices and other filings.
- Advised national pharmacy chain in connection with government agency arrangement to provide accessible COVID-19 testing.
Mintz is advising a consortium of investors in their approximately $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. Mintz collaborates with corporate counsel and provides regulatory analysis for the deal, which will create two stand-alone companies.
Mintz advised a health care company on due diligence, structuring, and documentation related to the acquisition of a 13,000-employee long-term care pharmacy. Mintz attorneys counseled the client on privacy, regulatory, and licensing requirements.
Mintz has advised a discount medical and pharmacy service company since its 2014 inception. Mintz attorney counsel the company on contractual arrangements, acquisitions, strategic initiatives, and all aspects of federal and state regulatory requirements.
Mintz’s Health Law team conducted a compliance audit for a pharmacy provider regarding pharmacy, Medicaid, and Medicare issues and False Claims Act and other risks. Mintz also assisted with disclosures to the Office of the Inspector General for the Department of Health and Human Services (OIG).
Mintz represented a national pharmacy benefit management (PBM) provider in the drafting and negotiating of a $4 billion, 10-year PBM services agreement with a national health insurer. Mintz provided transactional and regulatory counsel and state, federal, and Medicare Part D compliance advice.
Mintz has served as national transaction counsel for over 20 years for a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care. Mintz attorneys handle corporate, health care regulatory, employment, litigation, tax, and other related issues for transactions across the country.