- Represented a private real estate fund in the leasing of office and industrial parks nationwide.
- Represented a major data center operator in the acquisition, development, leasing, financing, refinancing, and eventual sale of two portfolios of major data center properties.
- Representing a joint venture in the development of a branded hotel with over 1,000 rooms on a ground lease with a public agency.
- Representing a joint venture in the development of a branded hotel adjacent to the Rose Kennedy Greenway.
- Represented the developer partner of a joint venture in the syndicated construction financing of multiple phases of an office campus in Silicon Valley.
- Represented a data center owner in a public private partnership, including its financing, acquisition, and development of data centers in San Francisco, Chicago, North Carolina and Toronto.
- Represented a public company retail client in the construction contracts related to the development of two large (750,000+ square feet) distribution centers.
- Represented an investor in multifamily properties in the acquisition of a single asset REIT and the subsequent financing of the asset and dissolution of the REIT.
- Represented a national owner and operator of assisted living facilities, including in connection with $300+ million recapitalizations.
- Represented a state institution and subsidiary in connection with the permitting and construction of a biologics manufacturing, filling, and distribution facility in Boston.
- Represented a data center in the redevelopment, financing, and leasing of its facility in Rockland County, New York, which included two rounds of public and private partnership benefits.
- Representing a joint venture in the rehabilitation of a historic, publicly-owned building into a hotel.
- Representing a non-profit developer of an affordable condominium project.
- Representing an institutional lender making a mortgage loan on a major multi-family residential project.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in a joint venture to develop commercial and residential space in the Hudson Yards section of Manhattan.
- Represented a real estate investment-management company that operated self-storage facilities throughout Texas, in a Chapter 11 liquidation of its assets.
Mintz represents a private real estate investment firm that has completed over 90 investments collectively valued at $29 billion. Mintz recently helped the company acquire a San Francisco office tower and membership interests in entities that own office property in New York and Glendale, CA.
Mintz represented an affiliate of Colony Capital, Inc. and a joint venture partner in a financing for a multistate portfolio of properties. Mintz attorneys assisted Colony Capital, which was the borrower, with loan document negotiation and legal opinions.
Mintz closed a joint venture agreement and acquisition of a pre-permitted, mixed-use retail and residential development in Boston within a seven-day deadline. Mintz Real Estate, Corporate, Litigation, and Environmental attorneys worked on the deal.
Mintz represents a private real estate investment management company with offices in major US cities and international locations. Mintz advised the company, which has invested more than $14 billion in real estate deals, in its acquisition of a multifamily apartment complex in Revere, Massachusetts.
Mintz helped Hollis Hills obtain a comprehensive permit from the Massachusetts Housing Appeals Committee to construct affordable housing in Lunenburg, Massachusetts under the state's Chapter 40B affordable housing law. Mintz appealed the Lunenburg Zoning Board of Appeals’s denial of the application.
Mintz has represented private real estate investment fund Colony Capital, Inc. for over a decade in the acquisition, disposition, financing, and leasing of commercial real estate throughout the United States. Mintz has negotiated more than 2,000 leases and created several master lease forms.
Mintz and ML Strategies helped GE with acquisition and planning for its new headquarters campus in Boston. Attorneys and professionals with real estate, land use, environmental permitting, and construction experience worked with ML Strategies to help guide the public/private collaborative effort.
A Mintz attorney has served as the lead board member of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and represented the board in various matters. These included selecting a bidder and helping negotiate and structure the joint venture at One World Trade Center and other public-private partnerships.
Mintz helped private equity real estate investment firm Brookwood Financial Partners establish a leasing program and standard forms. Brookwood buys and operates commercial real estate properties in markets across the Unites States.
Mintz represented the joint venture of The Davis Companies and the Omni Hotel Corp. affiliates in the negotiation of a development agreement for a project to transform a vacant Boston parcel into a 1,054-key hotel. Mintz is providing all real estate, environmental, and permitting legal services.
Mintz has assisted Sentinel Data Centers with buying, selling, developing, and leasing data centers over the past 15 years. Sentinel has purchased, renovated, and sold five data center buildings to two of the largest data center real estate investment trusts in the United States.
A Mintz team’s trial win for a real estate client defeated a neighboring property owner’s attempt to shut down the client's shopping center. Mintz attorneys defeated the plaintiff’s claim in just four hours of trial and secured a $4 million reciprocal parking agreement for the client.