A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- Legal Features:
- Client Feature: We are thrilled to feature Boston Metal, a company focused on developing an industrial-scale process to produce low-cost steel without carbon emissions. Boston Metal’s technology eliminates the need for coal in the steel production process, using only electricity.
- Organization Feature: We are excited to spotlight Greentown Labs, the largest climatetech startup incubator in North America. Greentown Labs convenes entrepreneurs, corporates, investors, policymakers, and many others to solve the climate crisis through entrepreneurship and collaboration.
- M&A Activity: Read the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space.
- Washington Updates: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including information on the annual National Defense Authorization Act and the American Energy Innovation Act.
- Event Highlights: Don’t miss this month’s exciting virtual events, including webinars on the future of affordable housing in the face of climate change and key clean energy legislation that emerged during 2020 state legislative sessions.
Learn more here.
- COVID-19 Insights Center: Mintz has been closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19, and our attorneys have been posting daily updates to help our clients navigate these unprecedented and challenging times. Visit our COVID-19 Insights Center to read more.
We’d like to give a special congratulations to our friend Alicia Barton, who was recently named CEO of FirstLight Power. And, as always, we remind our readers that you can ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and we hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
- Artificial Intelligence and Satellite Technology to Enhance Carbon Tracking Measures
- Democrats Lay Groundwork for Infrastructure & Clean Energy Ahead of General Election