Alex's practice focuses on assisting clients with navigating the complex rules and regulations involved in employment and executive compensation matters. Alex represents clients in the negotiation and design of employment, consulting, severance, and non-competition agreements. He also advises clients in the structuring of compensation packages, including severance, change in control, deferred compensation, and equity compensation. Alex's experience also includes advising clients and management teams on the employment and executive compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Mintz, Alex was an associate at another law firm focusing on executive compensation and SEC disclosures related to compensation.
- Represented a private staffing company in adoption and documentation of profits interest plan and change in control arrangements.
- Represented a large private company in matters related to Section 280G of the tax code, including analysis of the impact of Section 280G and documentation of a shareholder cleansing vote.
- Represented a startup technology company in the negotiation and documentation of employment documentation for key executive officers, including employment agreements, equity agreements, and restrictive covenant agreements.
- Represented a public consumer service company in the negotiation and documentation of separation agreements for certain executive officers.
June 2, 2020 | Blog | By Alexander Song, Anne Bruno, Michael Arnold, Steve Gulotta, Andrew Bernstein
June 17, 2019 | Blog | By Alexander Song, Anne Bruno
April 5, 2019 | | By Alexander Song
May 3, 2018 | Blog | By Alexander Song
Time to Put Down that Smartphone? – Proposed Bill Would Give NYC Employees a Right to Disconnect from Work
April 9, 2018 | Blog | By Alexander Song
Tax Bill: New Opportunity to Defer Tax on Certain Equity Awards and Repeal of Performance-Based Exception to 162(m)
January 2, 2018 | Blog | By Alexander Song
October 11, 2017 | Blog | By Alexander Song
October 5, 2017 | Blog | By Alexander Song
July 21, 2017 | Blog | By Alexander Song
July 11, 2017 | Blog | By Alexander Song
News & Press
January 17, 2023
October 25, 2022
October 27, 2016
Recognition & Awards
- Featured in Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch, Employment Law (2024)