Nicholas is a registered patent attorney with a background in mechanical engineering. His practice encompasses patent prosecution and counseling, preparing patentability opinions for mechanical and electrical inventions, and providing pre-litigation and litigation support.
Nicholas primarily works with clients in the automotive, medical device, and robotics industries. He has experience in a broad range of technical areas, including automotive manufacturing, medical devices related to vascular and mobility treatments, robotics, manufacturing processes involving software, 3D printing manufacturing, and ceramics manufacturing and composition.
Prior to joining Mintz, Nicholas was a registered patent attorney with an Ohio-based national law firm. Earlier, he served as an in-house patent agent and intellectual property coordinator with a developer of post-production technology for the 3D printing industry, and as a patent agent and technical advisor with an intellectual law firm, both of which are based in Buffalo, New York.
*Not admitted to practice in Massachusetts. Admitted to practice only in the State of Ohio.
- State University of New York - Buffalo (MS, Mechanical Engineering)
- University at Buffalo School of Law (JD)
- State University of New York - Buffalo (BS, Mechanical Engineering , cum laude)
- Canisius College (BS, Physics)
- Member, Board of Directors, Western New York Invention Convention
- Volunteer, the Susan Sargen Student Enterprise Program (StEP)