- Represented enVerid Systems, Inc., an HVAC load reduction solutions company, in its $20M Series B funding with financing led by Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
- Represented FloDesign Sonics, developer of a unique acoustic cell processing platform for the industrialization of cell and gene therapy manufacturing, in its sale to MilliporeSigma.
- Represented Big Belly Solar, the global leader in waste solutions for public places, in their partnership with private equity firm McCarthy Capital.
- Represented Spring Lane Capital in its investment in Aries Clean Energy.
- Represented Boston Metal, a company that focuses on producing metal with no pollution, in its $20M Series A financing led by Breakthrough Energy Ventures, The Engine, and Prelude Ventures.
- Represented Greentech Media, Inc. in the sale of its business to Woods Mackenzie (Verisk Analytics, Inc.).
- Represented Vionx Energy in licensing technology from United Technologies Corporation and subsequent equity financing.
- Represented Titan Advanced Energy Solutions, a company that has produced cutting-edge technology to increase battery charge capacity and extend battery life, in a Series A financing deal led by both Schneider Electric Ventures (SEV) and Energy Innovation Capital (EIC).
- Represented IRI Ventures US in committing to a large eight figure financing.
- Represented Cambrian Innovation, Inc. in Series B preferred stock financing.
- Represented First Solar, Inc. in its acquisition of TetraSun.
- Represented XL, the leader in connected fleet electrification solutions for commercial and municipal fleets, in its acquisition of Quantum Fuel’s electrification division, as well as its $22M Series D financing and Series A, Series B, and Series C financings and in its Windsail Capital debt financing.
- Represented NanoSteel in securing a $10M venture loan facility from Nasdaq-listed Horizon Technology Finance Management.
- Represented Aspen Aerogels in its $82.5M Initial Public Offering.
- Represented EnerNOC, Inc. in its acquisition of Pulse Energy.
- Served as counsel to Canaccord Genuity in $32.5M and $37.4M follow-on public offerings for Rubicon Technology.
- Represented True North Venture Holdings, a venture capital firm focused on early stage energy, water, agriculture, and waste investments, in a $20M Series B financing of an undisclosed company as well as on numerous equity investments.
- Represented GreatPoint Energy in its $1.25B financing and joint venture with China-based Wanxiang Holdings; selected as Greentech Media’s Deal of the Year.
- Represented EnerNOC, Inc., now Enel X, in its IPO and follow-on offerings ($97M, $108M, and $97M, respectively).
- Represented Canaccord in Televent GIT, S.A. follow-on public offerings ($66M and $115M, respectively).
- Formation of New England Energy Innovation Collaborative (now the Northeast Clean Energy Council).
- Represented the sale of Beryllium, LLC to U.C.B.
Read about ideas for cutting greenhouse gas emissions in the Northeast by 80% by 2050 and related challenges discussed at a summit co-hosted by Mintz, the Northeast Clean Energy Council, and The Brattle Group.
Mintz represented Boston Metal, a producer of industrial-scale, zero-emissions metals, in its $20M Series A Financing led by Breakthrough Energy Ventures and with Prelude Ventures and The Engine.
Mintz advised Oberon Fuels, a developer of an ultra-low-carbon fuel known as renewable dimethyl ether (rDME), on a strategic collaboration with propane fuel distributor SHV Energy. The agreement will help Oberon scale up its pilot facility to produce the first rDME fuel in the United States.
Mintz’s Energy & Sustainability Practice conceived and helped create regional business association NECEC, which is the Northeast Clean Energy Council and NECEC Institute. Mintz has assisted NECEC with formations and other legal work, strategy, and educational programming, for more than a decade.
Mintz partnered with private equity firm Spring Lane Capital to develop a novel project financing model. Mintz also provided legal guidance on Spring Lane’s first investments, including a vehicle to finance the equity portion of waste gasification project deals.
Mintz advises Cambrian Innovation on venture capital funding, general corporate matters, project finance, employment matters, and more — leveraging exceptional industry insight, start-up experience, and innovative thinking.
Mintz represented Vermont Transco LLC, and its manager the Vermont Electric Power Company (together, VELCO) in a joint venture with IBM to create analytics start-up Utopus Insights. Within a year, wind turbine manufacturer Vestas acquired Utopus for $100 million.
Mintz represented XL Fleet in its merger with Pivotal Investment Corp. II, a publicly traded Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC). XL Fleet plans to use the approximately $350 million in cash proceeds from the transaction to develop products to accelerate the electrification of fleet vehicles.