- Represented Spring Lane Capital in its investment in Aries Clean Energy.
- Represented Greentech Media, Inc. in the sale of its business to Woods Mackenzie (Verisk Analytics, Inc.).
- Represented Vionx Energy in licensing technology from United Technologies Corporation and subsequent equity financing.
- Represented NanoSteel in securing a $10 million venture loan facility from Nasdaq-listed Horizon Technology Finance Management.
- Represented Aspen Aerogels in its $82.5 million Initial Public Offering.
- Represented EnerNOC, Inc. in its acquisition of Pulse Energy.
- Served as counsel to Canaccord Genuity in $32.5 and $37.4 million follow-on public offerings for Rubicon Technology.
- Represented True North Venture Holdings as lead investor in Harvest Power’s 2014 $20 million financing round.
- Represented First Solar, Inc. in its acquisition of TetraSun.
- Represented XL Hybrids in Windsail Capital debt financing.
- Served as counsel to FloDesign Sonics in its $10 million Series A financing led by Bright Capital and Pall Corporation.
- Represented GreatPoint Energy in its $1.25 billion financing and joint venture with China-based Wanxiang Holdings; selected as Greentech Media’s Deal of the Year.
- Represented EnerNOC, Inc. in its IPO and follow-on offerings ($97 million, $108 million, and $97 million, respectively)
- Represented Canaccord in Televent GIT, S.A. follow-on public offerings ($66 million and $115 million, respectively).
- Formation of New England Energy Innovation Collaborative (now the Northeast Clean Energy Council).
- Represented Beryllium, LLC in a financing with a strategic partner.
Mintz represented Boston Metal, a producer of industrial-scale, zero-emissions metals, in its $20M Series A Financing led by Breakthrough Energy Ventures and with Prelude Ventures and The Engine.
Mintz’s Energy & Sustainability Practice conceived and helped create regional business association NECEC, which is the Northeast Clean Energy Council and NECEC Institute. Mintz has assisted NECEC with formations and other legal work, strategy, and educational programming, for more than a decade.
Mintz partnered with private equity firm Spring Lane Capital to develop a novel project financing model. Mintz also provided legal guidance on Spring Lane’s first investments, including a vehicle to finance the equity portion of waste gasification project deals.
Mintz advises Cambrian Innovation on venture capital funding, general corporate matters, project finance, employment matters, and more — leveraging exceptional industry insight, start-up experience, and innovative thinking.
Mintz represented Vermont Transco LLC, and its manager the Vermont Electric Power Company (together, VELCO) in a joint venture with IBM to create analytics start-up Utopus Insights. Within a year, wind turbine manufacturer Vestas acquired Utopus for $100 million.