- Represented Athenen Therapeutics, Inc. in its inaugural $10M financing from RA Capital affiliates, including RA Capital Nexus Fund, L.P.
- Represented Arcuate Therapeutics, Inc. in its inaugural $10M financing from RA Capital affiliates, including RA Capital Nexus Fund, L.P.
- Advised Vida Ventures, a next-generation life sciences venture firm, on its $600 million fundraise of Vida Ventures II, LLC .
- Investor-side representation in the $70M Series B financing of Oncorus, Inc. led by Cowen and Company and Perceptive Life Sciences.
- Investor-side representation in the $82.5M Series B financing of Repare, Inc. led by Cowen Healthcare Investments; Orbimed; Redmile; Versant; and MPM Bioventures.
- Represented Viela Bio, Inc. in its $75M Series B financing led by HBM Healthcare Investments; Viking Global Investors; Cormorant Asset Management; Terra Magnum Capital Partners; Goldman Sachs; Barer & Son Capital; and Temasek .
- Represented Aura Biosciences, Inc. in its $40M Series D financing led by Meicxi Ventures; Arix Bioscience; Lundbeck; Advent Venture Partners; Chiesi Ventures; and Ysios Capital.
- Investor-side representation in the $235M Series A financing of AskBio led by Vida Ventures.
- Represented Vedanta Biosciences in its $26.7M Series C preferred stock financing led by the Bill & Melissa Gates Foundation; PureTech Health; Invesco; and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Represented Black Diamond Therapeutics Inc. in its $85M Series B Preferred financing led by NEA; Versant Ventures; and RA Capital.
- Investor-side representation in the $40M Series B financing of Cadent Therapeutics, Inc. led by Cowen Healthcare Investments; Atlas Venture; Qiming Venture Partners; Access Industries; Clal Biotechnology Industries; and Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research.
- Represented Endotronix, Inc. in its $40M Series D financing led by LSP, investing from its LSP Health Economics Fund 2, and included Aperture Venture Partners, BioVentures Investors, Lumira Ventures, OSF Ventures, Seroba Life Sciences, SV Health Investors, Wanxiang Healthcare Investments, and an unnamed corporate strategic investor.
- Represented Mitra RxDx (dba Mitra Biotech) in its $40M financing led by Northpond Ventures, and included Accel, Sequoia Capital, Sands Capital Ventures, and RA Capital Management.
- Represented Finch Therapeutics Group in its $36M Series B financing led by Shumway Capital; Willet Advisors; Morgan Noble; and Avenir Growth Capital.
- Represented Macrolide Pharmaceuticals in its $20M Series B financing led by Advent Life Sciences; Gurnet Point Capital; Novartis Bioventures; Roche Finance; and S.R. One.
- Represented Activ Surgical, Inc. in its $12M Series A financing led by DNS-Urgical, LLC.
- Represented a confidential family office in its Series B-1 investment in SportLogic.
- Represented QUIP NYC in its private placement/Series A financing led by Sherpa Ventures Fund II, LP and Johnson & Johnson Innovation.
- As Placement Agent, represented Templum Markets, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Templum Inc., in multiple transactions, including the primary equity offering to recapitalize the St. Regis Aspen Resort, resulting in what Templum believes to be the first digital security tokenization of a trophy real estate asset, and the launch of Aspen Digital Inc., a Tokenized Asset Offering (TAO) and digital Regulation D 506c security open to accredited investors, on Templum’s trading platform.
- Represented NBD Nanotechnologies, Inc. in its Series B financing led by BASF Venture Capital and Henkel AG.
- Represented Remezcla, LLC in its $11M Series A financing led by Hemisphere Media Group.
- Investor-side representation in the $3.5M Series A financing of Breach Intelligence, Inc. led by Strategic Cyber Ventures, LLC.
- Investor-side representation in the $5M Series B financing of ID Dataweb led by Strategic Cyber Ventures, LLC.
- Represented AttackIQ in its approximately $9M Series A financing led by Index Ventures; Qualcomm Ventures; and Telstra Ventures.
- Represented BQE Partners, Inc. in the private placement of Loeb Enterprises II LLC.
- Represented Grandparents.com in its Series D financing led by VB Funding, LLC.
- Represented RainFocus, Inc. in its $1.5M Series A financing.
- Represented Swish Analytics, Inc. in its $1.1M seed financing led by Elysian Park Ventures, LLC.
- Represented Conduce Inc. In its $3M seed extension as well as its $3M seed financing led by individual investors.
- Represented Skillz Inc. in its $15M Series B financing led by Wildcat Capital Management.
- Represented The Light Phone Inc. in its private placement.
- Represented Acorns Grow Incorporated in its $23M Series C financing led by Greycroft Ventures; e.Ventures; Sound Ventures; Garland Capital; and MATH Venture Partners.
Energy & Sustainability
- Represented XL Hybrids, Inc. in its $22M Series D financing with participation by international strategic investors.
- Represented Sanergy, Inc. in its $7M Series B financing.
- Represented Nexamp, Inc. in its $23.5M growth equity finance led by Rising Sun Solar, LLC, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi.
- Represented WeSpire, Inc. in its Series B financing.
- Represented FastCAP Systems in its Series A financing.
- Represented FloDesign Sonics in its $10M Series A financing led by Bright Capital.
- Investor-side representation in the Series B financing of a confidential company led by True North Venture Partners, L.P.
- Represented XL Hybrids, Inc. in its $10.5M Series C financing led by an individual investor.
- Represented The NanoSteel Company, Inc. in its $10M financing led by Horizon Technology Finance Management.
Financial Services / Insurance Technology
- Investor-side representation in the SAFE financing of Tomorrow Ideas led by NFP Ventures LLC.
- Investor-side representation in the $33M Series B financing of Lemonade, Inc., a peer-to-peer insurance startup , led by General Catalyst with participation from GV (formerly Google Ventures), Thrive Capital and Tusk Ventures, as well as existing investors Aleph, Sequoia, and XL Innovate.
Mintz analyzed PitchBook data to produce an in-depth report on the record rise in special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) fundraising in the US since 2020 and the recent increase in SPAC merger activity. We also explore how SPACs could evolve and litigation challenges to SPAC IPOs and transactions.
Mintz represented Synlogic in an $80 million financing from Ginkgo Bioworks and the parties' related collaboration to expand development of Synlogic’s Synthetic Biotic medicines. Mintz previously helped Synlogic raise over $200 million in capital, plus another $40 million through a reverse merger.
Mintz has represented oncology-focused biotherapeutic company Inhibrx LP since its inception. Mintz attorneys have advised Inhibrx on licensing deals and financing deals involving unusual corporate and tax structuring and international aspects.
Mintz advised Oberon Fuels, a developer of an ultra-low-carbon fuel known as renewable dimethyl ether (rDME), on a strategic collaboration with propane fuel distributor SHV Energy. The agreement will help Oberon scale up its pilot facility to produce the first rDME fuel in the United States.
Mintz has represented product coating and additive maker NBD Nano since 2013 on matters including financings led by Phoenix Venture Partners and BASF. Mintz also assists NBD with joint development agreements.
Mintz represented SeedInvest in its acquisition by Circle Internet Financial Limited, a Goldman Sachs–backed, global crypto finance company with multiple products in crypto investing, payments, and trading.
After helping Spero raise over $200 million, Mintz represented the biopharmaceutical company in its collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Medical Research Institute to develop SPR720 for the treatment of lung infections caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb).
Mintz represented Vida Ventures on the $600 million fundraise for its Vida II fund, which will be used to further the firm’s life sciences platform. Founded less than two years ago, Vida now has approximately $1 billion under management.
Mintz’s work for synthetic biotic company Synlogic Inc. has included raising over $100 million in three VC financing rounds. Mintz attorneys also helped Synlogic form a multiyear global R&D collaboration with AbbVie and raise more than $40 million in an IPO via a reverse merger with Mirna Therapeutics.