The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has introduced uncertainty and unique challenges in nearly every aspect of life. During this unprecedented time, Mintz is working to keep our clients and community informed and empowered to navigate this new world. To that end, we’ve created a number of webinars on a variety of COVID-19-related topics of interest to health care industry stakeholders. In case you missed them, here’s a highlights reel of what we’ve covered so far – just click on the links below to access the webinar recordings.
- Clinical Trials in the Time of COVID-19: This webinar explores the widespread disruptions the COVID-19 crisis is posing to clinical trials for life sciences companies and to research study sites. Mintz attorneys, joined by Dr. Jeffrey Popma, also discuss recent guidance from regulatory authorities and practical steps for both sponsors and researchers to address emerging issues.
- FDA in the Time of COVID-19: Mintz and ML Strategies examine the full spectrum of FDA-related legal issues facing companies in the life sciences, medtech, and digital health industries during this complicated period. Focus areas include FDA accommodations and measures to help drug, biologic, and device companies respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as new policies impacting existing product sponsors. Presenters also discuss the enforcement climate for COVID-19-related products and more.
- Everything Life Sciences Companies Need to Know to Navigate the COVID-19 Pandemic: Our panel of Mintz and ML Strategies experts examine a spectrum of legal issues that companies in the life sciences industry are facing during this complicated period, including issues of employment law, FDA, clinical trials, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and federal legislation.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Managing the Privacy & Cybersecurity Risks: Experts from Mintz, ML Strategies, and one of our industry partners, The Crypsis Group, team up to explore the unique legal and practical challenges the COVID-19 pandemic presents for companies across all industries with respect to privacy and cybersecurity risks and protections. Our panel offers practical advice to help reduce cyber risks and potential exposures.
- Telehealth: Keeping Up with the Fast-Moving Federal and State Regulatory Landscape During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Mintz and ML Strategies examine the recent federal and state legislative changes and emergency orders intended to increase the use of telehealth during the COVID-19 pandemic. Topics include cross-border physician and other provider licensing requirements, HIPAA privacy and security rules and waivers, changes to long-standing Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) rules governing online prescribing, and waiver of Medicare site restrictions for telehealth reimbursement.
We’ll continue to keep you informed as this situation further evolves. You can also check our COVID-19 Insights Center for additional insight and perspective. And, of course, our team of experts is always here to assist.