Michelle focuses her practice on life sciences and health care transactions and health care compliance matters.
She advises pharmacies, PBMs, plans, and other stakeholders on a variety of drug supply chain issues. Michelle has experience drafting and negotiating PBM services agreements, rebate contracts, pharmacy services agreements, clinical trial agreements, and pharmaceutical support services contracts.
Michelle counsels clients on HIPAA compliance issues and represents clients before regulators in HIPAA compliance matters.
Prior to joining Mintz, Michelle was an associate in the Government Contracts group and subsequently the Health Care Regulatory group of another large law firm, where she advised clients on a variety of regulatory and compliance issues. Michelle drafted, reviewed, and negotiated contracts relating to specialty pharmacy services and distribution arrangements, 340B program participation, pharmaceutical support services, and related matters. She also worked on health care transactions, drafted organizational policies and procedures, and prepared communications to the Food and Drug Administration.
While in law school, Michelle was a legal intern with the Department of Homeland Security, first in Immigration and Customs Enforcement and later in the Transportation Security Administration.
Before pursuing her legal career, Michelle held project management positions for companies in Oregon and Maine.
- George Mason University (JD, magna cum laude)
- University of Maine (BA, summa cum laude)
- Represented a large health benefits plan in preparing an RFP and negotiating the resultant PBM Services Agreement.
- Represented a specialty pharmacy in negotiating pharmacy services and distribution agreements with multiple pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Represented a HIPAA covered entity in responding to requests from the Department of Health & Human Services Office for Civil Rights relating to data breach involving protected health information.
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Military Spouse J.D. Network
December 14, 2020 |Blog
December 28, 2020 | Blog | By Dianne Bourque, Ellen Janos, Michelle Caton
December 14, 2020 | Blog | By Dianne Bourque, Michelle Caton
HHS Finalizes Highly Anticipated Final Rules Amending AKS and Stark Law Regulations, Part III: Value-Based Arrangements
December 7, 2020 | Blog | By Nili Yolin, Rachel Yount, Michelle Caton
Plus, we have prepared easy-to-read comparison charts breaking down the current, proposed, and final regulations. These comparison charts offer a quick way to get up to speed on these voluminous final rules and their many historic changes to the AKS and Stark Law.