Kerime is a litigator with experience in complex commercial litigation, securities litigation, and government investigations. Kerime advises clients in all stages of litigation, and has been an integral member of multiple trial teams in state and federal courts.
Kerime has an active pro bono practice. Most recently, she successfully represented an individual in obtaining a complete discharge of his student loans in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts. Kerime also secured legal status for a minor fleeing gang violence in Central America, and continues to represent multiple individuals seeking asylum in the United States. In 2017, Kerime was part of the Mintz Levin team recognized by the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation (PAIR) Project for its Pro Bono Law Firm Award. Also in 2017, Kerime was awarded the firm’s Richard Mintz Pro Bono Award, given annually to one attorney in recognition of extraordinary pro bono service.
Kerime earned her J.D. from Boston College Law School, where she was the editor-in-chief of the Boston College International & Comparative Law Review. While attending law school, she served as a judicial intern for the Honorable John M. Leventhal in the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York and for the Honorable Frank J. Bailey in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts, and worked as a teaching assistant for the first-year criminal law course. Prior to law school, Kerime served as an intern at the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office and the Office of Congressman Jerrold Nadler.
- Boston College (JD)
- New York University (BA, cum laude)
- Represented the trustees of multiple family trusts in a domestic arbitration involving a contractual dispute, securing a favorable outcome and an award of attorneys’ fees.
Recognition & Awards
- Richard Mintz Pro Bono Award (2017)
- United States Bankruptcy Court "Honor Roll" for Pro Bono Service (2016 – 2018)
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts’ Diversity Initiative Task Force