Kerime is a litigator with experience in complex commercial litigation, securities litigation, and government investigations. Kerime advises clients in all stages of litigation, and has been an integral member of multiple trial teams in state and federal courts.
Kerime has an active pro bono practice, with experience in immigration, appellate, and bankruptcy matters. In 2017, Kerime was part of the Mintz Levin team recognized by the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation (PAIR) Project for its Pro Bono Law Firm Award. Kerime was also awarded the firm’s 2017 Richard Mintz Pro Bono Award, given annually to one attorney in recognition of extraordinary pro bono service.
Kerime earned her J.D. from Boston College Law School, where she was the editor-in-chief of the Boston College International & Comparative Law Review. While attending law school, she served as a judicial intern for the Honorable John M. Leventhal in the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York and for the Honorable Frank J. Bailey in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts, and worked as a teaching assistant for the first-year criminal law course. Prior to law school, Kerime served as an intern at the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office and the Office of Congressman Jerrold Nadler.
- First-chaired a bench trial in bankruptcy court and obtained a complete discharge of client’s student loans. Smith v. US Dep’t of Educ., 582 B.R. 556 (Bankr. D. Mass. 2018).
- Second-chaired a bench trial in the District of Massachusetts in successful representation of insurance company facing claims of bad faith and negligence.
- Representation of multi-billion dollar company in an action involving claims of breach of contract and fiduciary duties, including as part of the trial team in Delaware Chancery Court.
- Representation of the former directors and officers of Toys “R” Us in a lawsuit brought by the Toys “R” Us Creditor Litigation Trust alleging various claims arising out of the Toys “R” Us bankruptcy. Successfully secured a global settlement on behalf of defendants before trial.
- Representation of global asset management company in a confidential arbitration seeking injunctive relief and damages against former employees.
- Representation of former executives and board members in an action involving claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representation of executives of a public biopharmaceutical company in an action involving claims of securities fraud.
- Representation of multiple physicians in DOJ investigation of possible False Claims Act violations.
- Representation of a drug distributor company in a DOJ investigation of possible Controlled Substances Act violations.
- Representation of an individual in connection with a DOJ investigation of campaign finance violations.
- Representation of digital advertising executives in DOJ investigation of possible fraud at advertising agency.
- Representation of an individual in connection with a DOJ investigation of possible antitrust violations.
- Representation of a college student in a Title IX investigation.
- Representation of foreign ambassador in a criminal matter relating to alleged visa fraud in the SDNY.
- Representation of high-level executives in various internal investigations.
- Representation of a minor fleeing gang violence in Central America and seeking Special Immigrant Juvenile status in the United States.
- Representation of individuals seeking asylum in the United States.
- Representation of multiple Afghan civilians seeking to escape Afghanistan after being targeted by the Taliban for aiding U.S. forces.
October 27, 2022 | Article
News & Press
September 22, 2023
September 29, 2022
December 20, 2018
February 14, 2018
Events & Speaking
Boston Bar Association
MBA, 20 West St., Boston
Boston Bar Association - 16 Beacon Street, Boston, MA
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America- Ones to Watch: Litigation - Securities (2023-2024)
- New York Super Lawyers Rising Star: Criminal Defense: White Collar (2022 - 2023)
- Selected for the Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity’s (LCLD) 2019 Pathfinder Program
- Richard Mintz Pro Bono Award (2017)
- United States Bankruptcy Court "Honor Roll" for Pro Bono Service (2016 – 2018)
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Adjunct Professor, Boston College Law School
- Member, Boston Bar Association