Allan handles commercial real estate matters of all kinds. His practice includes acquisitions, dispositions, finance, development, construction, and leasing. Based in Boston, Allan represents local, regional, and national corporations, developers, lenders, investors, landlords, and tenants in a wide variety of transactions. Allan is also active in politics. He holds an elected position in his hometown, has worked for two Massachusetts governors, and has served as an advisor on various local, state, and national campaigns.
Allan's experience includes all aspects of commercial real estate, including acquisitions and sales, finance, development, construction, and leasing. He represents local, regional, and national developers, lenders, investors, landlords and tenants in a broad variety of transactions.
Allan currently serves as a member of Mintz’s Hiring Committee and is active in recruiting and interviewing attorneys for the firm.
Active in politics, Allan currently holds an elected position in his hometown, has worked for two Massachusetts Governors, and has been an advisor for various local, state, and national campaigns. Allan is also a member of the Board of Trustees of the Wildlands Trust, a land trust created to conserving and preserving the natural heritage of Southeastern Massachusetts.
- Boston College (JD)
- Suffolk University (BA)
- Represent national health care providers in connection with its facility acquisitions, dispositions, and financings
- Represent landlords and tenants of varying sizes in leasing transactions and construction contracts for office, laboratory, manufacturing, industrial, telecom and sale-leasebacks, including representation of a multi-billion dollar REIT in connection with its acquisition and leasing of office and industrial space nationally
- Represent various property owners and billboard operators in connection with the permitting, construction and management of billboards in Boston and other municipalities throughout Massachusetts
- Successfully appealed to the DHCD a municipality’s determination that it had achieved an affordable housing statutory minimum.
Recognition & Awards
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star: Real Estate list (2009 – 2017)
- Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law (2019-2020)
- Member, Business Advisory Council, Boston College Law School
- Former board member, Suffolk University College of Arts and Sciences
- Board member, Wildlands Trust