Andrew concentrates his practice on Chapter 11 reorganizations, complex bankruptcy litigation, liquidations, and acquisitions and sales of distressed assets. Throughout his career, Andrew has successfully represented clients in a wide variety of bankruptcy, litigation, and transactional matters. Andrew has extensive experience in representing corporate and individual debtors, committees, liquidation trustees, purchasers of distressed assets, and secured and unsecured creditors in a broad range of complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases. He has represented debtors in the confirmation of numerous plans of reorganization in Chapter 11 cases across a spectrum of industries. Clients appreciate his extensive knowledge of Chapter 11 proceedings for debtors, creditors, and asset purchasers while providing them with comprehensive insight and guidance.
In addition, Andrew has represented both debtors and purchasers in successful 363 sales involving intellectual property, real property, restaurants, and retail inventory. He also has significant experience representing clients in asset recovery and judgment enforcement.
Prior to joining Mintz, Andrew was an associate with a bankruptcy law firm in Southern California. He also worked for several years in the New York and Los Angeles offices of a large international law firm where he was an associate in the financial restructuring group.
- Northwestern University (JD)
- Northwestern University (BA)
- Represented an advisory and wealth management firm that had more than $1 billion in assets under management through the filing of an involuntary bankruptcy petition, the conversion to a voluntary Chapter 11 case, the resolution of significant pre-petition litigation, and the confirmation of its Chapter 11 plan.
- Represented the board of directors of a company that designed and tested semiconductors in preparing and obtaining confirmation of plan a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Represented the owner of multiple casual dining and fast food restaurants throughout states of California, Nevada, and Colorado in the confirmation of its Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Represented a technology and marketing services company in numerous 365 sales of substantially all of its assets and the confirmation of its subsequent Chapter 11 plan.
- Represented a construction services company throughout its successful Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Represented a judgment creditor in obtaining the assignment of $30 million in assets.
- Represented a real estate investment-management company that operated self-storage facilities throughout Texas in a Chapter 11 liquidation of its assets.
- Represented a national retail clothing chain through a Chapter 11 liquidation of its more than one hundred stores and inventory.
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association